Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

do you agree with mandatory Vaccinations?

Yes
40%
No
56%
no coment
4%

Total votes: 96
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by Kammekor »

bossho wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:56 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:33 pm Guess it's because this is an artificial trained virus?
@Kammekor tell us more about the "artificially trained virus" please.....
Start with some gossip online, add a cup of irony, on glass of beer @ 5000r and there you have it
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I am sorry, I guessed the word "trained" would show the irony clear enough.

Apparently was wrong.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Kammekor wrote:I am sorry, I guessed the word "trained" would show the irony clear enough.

Apparently was wrong.
Irony fails when it's this close to reality.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

It's a sad state of affairs.

[Edit]
No Twitter or FB for me, so I miss that kind of eh... messages.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Kammekor wrote:It's a sad state of affairs.

[Edit]
No Twitter or FB for me, so I miss that kind of eh... messages.
No, you're on CEO.

Using Tapatalk
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

atst wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:18 am I just stumbled across this thought I'd post here

This guy wants reasoning for the uptick of deaths which he says shows the vaccines don't work. OK, I'll have a go. Caveat: I'm not across the Singapore situation in any big way. So, having said that, I'll say this:

Firstly, he doesn't appear to have heard about Delta which is much more contagious than the earlier variants. I showed earlier that vaccine effectiveness to prevent infection for the US ones has gone from approx. 90% pre Delta to 50% post Delta. Hence why boosters are being considered now and new versions of vaccines are currently being developed for the new variants.

The 77% he claims are fully vaccinated, does that apply to adults only or includes children? If you include children over 12, you will find the % figure goes down quite a bit. So who knows, there could've been 30-40% of the population unvaccinated.

But the most important thing that he does not mention at all are other factors that can affect infection and the death rate. eg border closures, lockdowns, quarantines, social distancing, mask wearing and other restrictions. What was the extent of these at wave 1 vs wave 2? Did anything change? I recall that Singapore was quite tough initially but now they are starting to open up. We need to be clear we are comparing apples with apples. When he compares the number of deaths of wave 1 vs 2, he ignores Delta and the other gov't and community measures that were taken to prevent infection and how that might have changed over time.

TBH I think the guy is a bit of a goose with his superficial analysis as I've explained above. And I would ask him this...has he any idea what the outcome would have been in a Delta variant environment if Singapore had not vaccinated to the degree that it has? Not disputing the deaths have gone up but he hasn't taken any other factors into account and blamed it all on vaccine efficacy.
johnnywalker3
Expatriate

Post by johnnywalker3 »

In early 2020 there were quite a few articles written in major publications that suggested the natural course of a virus is to mutate towards being less deadly but more easily spread. Dead hosts are aren’t good for viruses to use to spread their genetic legacy. These articles are still up if you search for them.

Then we locked down, masked up, and vaxxed up. Is it surprising that the mutations that survived are more virulent and prone to evade the vax? Delta looks to be considerably more prone to transmission than the original according to figures from Wikipedia. More than double.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

johnnywalker3 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:31 pm In early 2020 there were quite a few articles written in major publications that suggested the natural course of a virus is to mutate towards being less deadly but more easily spread. Dead hosts are aren’t good for viruses to use to spread their genetic legacy. These articles are still up if you search for them.

Then we locked down, masked up, and vaxxed up. Is it surprising that the mutations that survived are more virulent and prone to evade the vax? Delta looks to be considerably more prone to transmission than the original according to figures from Wikipedia. More than double.
But also more prone leading to death?
AFAIK that's still open for discussion. It seems it's the higher infection rates leading to higher numbers.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Kammekor wrote:
johnnywalker3 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:31 pm In early 2020 there were quite a few articles written in major publications that suggested the natural course of a virus is to mutate towards being less deadly but more easily spread. Dead hosts are aren’t good for viruses to use to spread their genetic legacy. These articles are still up if you search for them.

But also more prone leading to death?
AFAIK that's still open for discussion. It seems it's the higher infection rates leading to higher numbers.
That calculus is complicated by the fact that the vaccine is reducing the rate of severe illness. And by the improvements in treatment since the onset of the virus. The early studies did point to the variant being more lethal.

Using Tapatalk
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Dear unvaccinated. Bye. And don't let the door...

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/opn ... 69578.html

Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic