Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

do you agree with mandatory Vaccinations?

Yes
40%
No
56%
no coment
4%

Total votes: 96
johnnywalker3
Expatriate

Re: Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by johnnywalker3 »

In the Supreme Court case that was cited the court agreed that the law was valid. Jacobson still refused the vaccine and decided to pay the $5 fine instead.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

johnnywalker3 wrote:In the Supreme Court case that was cited the court agreed that the law was valid. Jacobson still refused the vaccine and decided to pay the $5 fine instead.
Yeah I'm in favor of somewhat greater penalties .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

timmydownawell wrote:
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:01 am
To my mind the more meaningful stat is the number of deaths caused by covid ie the number of people that otherwise would be alive if they hadn't of caught covid. Or, a similar stat ie the % of number of covid deaths/total population. However, some will dispute this stat even on the basis of: was it a covid death or not? So there is an issue around what is correctly counted as a covid death. In my book, if catching covid was the trigger for someone's death, then it's a covid death. But then others will say they died of pre-existing morbidities eg heart failure due to obesity and not caused by covid.
Would be interesting to see the average monthly deaths of the past 10 years charted, and see what the overall bump looks like since the start of 2020. Both for individual countries and globally. This would say more than "official" figures and eliminate any (specific) questions as to whether someone died of Covid or obesity or a combination of both.
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/exce ... y-p-scores

Using Tapatalk
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

phuketrichard wrote:As above:
i got both shots, not because i thought i would be safer or it would prevent me from getting covid but because i hope (d) it would one day be required to travel without quarantine, ( looks like now by the time unquarantined travel comes around, i will need 1 or ever 2 boosters)

I do NOT agree with mandatory vaccinations to travel or work
I would go with everyone would need a negative test to travel and hopefully one day there will be quick tests which would need be taken once/week at work IF ur unvaccinated

Just because you have had 1, 2, 3 vacancies does not mean you do NOT have covid>>>Nor will it 100% prevent you from catching it.

Please: if you post tell us if you have had the vaccine

My body, My choice
Since your OP was repeated in a recent comment I'll opine. That Covid vaccine doesn't provide 100 percent protection is a pointless observation, that's not what vaccines do, they substantially reduce the likelihood of both you getting a case serious enough to strain public resources and passing it on to others and having them wind up doing so. In legitimate exercise of its power in a pandemic the government isn't so much concerned about you and your body as an individual, but rather about how your health impacts the larger community.

My body my choice, absolutely . That doesn't give you any right to work in an office or travel on public transport because you object to a vaccination requirement, a no spitting policy or a dress code for that matter. Work at home and get a pony.

Using Tapatalk
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

JBTrain wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:24 pm
i got both shots, not because i thought i would be safer or it would prevent me from getting covid but because i hope (d) it would one day be required to travel without quarantine, ( looks like now by the time unquarantined travel comes around, i will need 1 or ever 2 boosters)

I would go with everyone would need a negative test to travel and hopefully one day there will be quick tests which would need be taken once/week at work IF ur unvaccinated

Just because you have had 1, 2, 3 vacancies does not mean you do NOT have covid>>>Nor will it 100% prevent you from catching it.

My body, My choice

My body my choice, absolutely . That doesn't give you any right to work in an office or travel on public transport because you object to a vaccination requirement or a dress code for that matter. Work at home and get a pony.

Since covid vaccination isn't mandatory in most parts of the world, and won't be, despite what you personally feel is best for all of the world, together with your flooding of this topic seems to suggest you are somewhat frustrated.

Breathe

Unclench your jaw

Relax those shoulders

Breathe out
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Jerry Atrick wrote:
JBTrain wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:24 pm

My body, My choice

My body my choice, absolutely . That doesn't give you any right to work in an office or travel on public transport because you object to a vaccination requirement or a dress code for that matter. Work at home and get a pony.

Since covid vaccination isn't mandatory in most parts of the world, and won't be, despite what you personally feel is best for all of the world, together with your flooding of this topic seems to suggest you are somewhat frustrated.

Breathe

Unclench your jaw

Relax those shoulders

Breathe out
No I'm good. I thought i was just responding to the OP which was "do you agree with mandatory vaccinations" to remind you and catching up to a thread I joined late. Frustrated? Sure , US is tenth in current per capita death rate from Covid despite early and widespread availability of an effective vaccine.

But I think that's about it, thanks for the health tips.

Last edited by JBTrain on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Using Tapatalk
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

bossho wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:00 pm ....not for the severely intolerant to vax minority, all the others f your rights and bend over.

You don't have to right to spread a virus.
This is nonsense.
Of course I have a right to spread a virus.....thousands of people do it every day. :dontcare:
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

JBTrain wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:24 pm That doesn't give you any right to work in an office or travel on public transport because you object to a vaccination requirement, a no spitting policy or a dress code for that matter. Work at home and get a pony.
Don't some of yous get sick n tired of certain Americans tellin' us what to do all the time? :whip:
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:25 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:33 am
Alex wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:09 am Mandatory for what exactly?

For merely existing, NO. For air travel, YES. Next time I fly, I don't want to have unvaccinated people sitting anywhere near me.
why?
just cause ur vaccinated does not mean you can't catch it or spread it> Vaccinated protects you...NOT others

Sorry i was not more specific in my poll
Mandatory mean you must have it if you wish to be sociable, travel, work etc etc leave ur home
Guess i should have added mandatory " EXCEPT for medical or religious reasons"

I still vote NO..
" religious reasons" ?? Say what to who now?! No, you were correct not to add that. I've got a sense of humour, but the joke I've heard is 2021 years old. It's a bit boring now, and should neither be correlated, nor confused, with, or corrosive to, reality, and thereby incongruous in real-world rulings.

May as well forward a motion for a holiday on Santa's birthday. At least he is based on a real person.
the vaccine (experimental gene therapy) contains filaments of live aborted fetuses. for a person of the Catholic faith this is a problem
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

JBTrain wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:53 pm
Kigna wrote:In the employment contract it doesn't say that I have to get vaccinated so you can't fire me. Besides, there are over-the-counter drugs with which I can recover from covid. Then, even if I would be vaccinated, I can still get Covid. So I don't understand what vaccination is for .. It's just a form of fascism that opens up to a very bad future. You are telling me that if I don't get vaccinated I won't work anymore and I can starve !!!

https://humanize.today/2021/09/personal ... l-warming/
Yes I'm sure it's really about global warming rather than public health. You are correct, you don't apparently know what vaccination is for (seriously reducing risk of hospitalization and risk you'll transmit to others). Maybe read up on that for a start before throwing around the fascist card.

if the state really cared about the health of its citizens, it would ban the sale of cigarettes, because every year in my country alone there are 80,000 deaths from smoking. but the state does not care about your health, he wants money and from the sale of cigarettes earns many billion in taxes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic