Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

do you agree with mandatory Vaccinations?

Yes
40%
No
56%
no coment
4%

Total votes: 96
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by yong »

I am against vaccination for myself but due to my work and traveling I have to vaccinate.

I had been fully vaccinated with Sinopharm

I am also against mandatory vaccination, I pro choice.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

You're right General, I missed the click here to see choices thingy. Now officially submitted.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

yong wrote:I am against vaccination for myself but due to my work and traveling I have to vaccinate.

I had been fully vaccinated with Sinopharm

I am also against mandatory vaccination, I pro choice.

Sorry I don't know how public health is a thing without mandates. "I'm not in the mood to vaccinate Johnny for measles or polio, or Fido for rabies. It just doesn't suit my lifestyle. Now off to school you go lad. I'm sure your fever will abate. Your dog is foaming at the mouth. Why don't you bring him with you".

Using Tapatalk
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am FYI; CLutch 46 to 32 is hardly about even :beer3:
If you're gonna quote me, how about you do so in full and correctly. :mrgreen: I didn't say 'about'. I said 'nearly' and qualified it:
Hence I think this poll shows how members are split nearly equally on this. Bearing in mind I think an option of 'Mandatory (with exceptions)' probably would have increased the 'yes' vote.
I've previously referred to the skewing of the poll results:

I'm not being critical of how you designed the poll Richard, but I made the post above after it became evident in the subsequent discussion that some members were wondering whether YES mandatory had any exclusions and without knowing whether it did or didn't, by default voted NO.

I'm only saying this in hindsight..not being critical of your poll.

Actually, a seemingly innocent poll has turned into a really good, relevant and pertinent discussion so cheers to you for that :thumb: :beer3:
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

In the employment contract it doesn't say that I have to get vaccinated so you can't fire me. Besides, there are over-the-counter drugs with which I can recover from covid. Then, even if I would be vaccinated, I can still get Covid. So I don't understand what vaccination is for .. It's just a form of fascism that opens up to a very bad future. You are telling me that if I don't get vaccinated I won't work anymore and I can starve !!!

https://humanize.today/2021/09/personal ... l-warming/
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Kigna wrote:In the employment contract it doesn't say that I have to get vaccinated so you can't fire me. Besides, there are over-the-counter drugs with which I can recover from covid. Then, even if I would be vaccinated, I can still get Covid. So I don't understand what vaccination is for .. It's just a form of fascism that opens up to a very bad future. You are telling me that if I don't get vaccinated I won't work anymore and I can starve !!!

https://humanize.today/2021/09/personal ... l-warming/
Yes I'm sure it's really about global warming rather than public health. You are correct, you don't apparently know what vaccination is for (seriously reducing risk of hospitalization and risk you'll transmit to others). Maybe read up on that for a start before throwing around the fascist card.

Using Tapatalk
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Folks who don't see how individual liberty is consistent with vaccine mandates might refer to the US Supreme Court decision upholding same in 1905.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobso ... sachusetts

"in every well ordered society charged with the duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand"

"The defendant insists that his liberty is invaded when the State subjects him to fine or imprisonment for neglecting or refusing to submit to vaccination; that a compulsory vaccination law is unreasonable, arbitrary and oppressive, and, therefore, hostile to the inherent right of every freeman to care for his own body and health in such way as to him seems best, and that the execution of such a law against one who objects to vaccination, no matter for what reason, is nothing short of an assault upon his person. But the liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good. On any other basis, organized society could not exist with safety to its members. Society based on the rule that each one is a law unto himself would soon be confronted with disorder and anarchy "[r]eal liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own [liberty], whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others"

In this case all adult residents of Cambridge MA had been required to receive free smallpox vaccine provided by the city or face a fine of $5. No personal carbon credits were involved.

Using Tapatalk
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Over the last few days I have done some research on the introduction of....

Polio vaccines

Motorcycle helmets

Car safety belts

The arguments used back then are 100% the same as used now against the covid vaccine.

Maybe homo sapiens isn't as smart as it thinks it is because it looks like it doesn't learn from events in the past
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:18 pm Over the last few days I have done some research on the introduction of....

Polio vaccines

Motorcycle helmets

Car safety belts

The arguments used back then are 100% the same as used now against the covid vaccine.

Maybe homo sapiens isn't as smart as it thinks it is because it looks like it doesn't learn from events in the past
Don't blame us; we're just hairless apes
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

When you look at the effectiveness of flu vax, most years since introduction are below 50 percent. Flu is of course, a coronavirus.
So the covid vax is performing well.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:33 am
Alex wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:09 am Mandatory for what exactly?

For merely existing, NO. For air travel, YES. Next time I fly, I don't want to have unvaccinated people sitting anywhere near me.
why?
just cause ur vaccinated does not mean you can't catch it or spread it> Vaccinated protects you...NOT others

Sorry i was not more specific in my poll
Mandatory mean you must have it if you wish to be sociable, travel, work etc etc leave ur home
Guess i should have added mandatory " EXCEPT for medical or religious reasons"

I still vote NO..
" religious reasons" ?? Say what to who now?! No, you were correct not to add that. I've got a sense of humour, but the joke I've heard is 2021 years old. It's a bit boring now, and should neither be correlated, nor confused, with, or corrosive to, reality, and thereby incongruous in real-world rulings.

May as well forward a motion for a holiday on Santa's birthday. At least he is based on a real person.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic