Neighbours Stealing Land

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
bobagubi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Neighbours Stealing Land

Post by bobagubi »

Thanks for your perspectives.

An update:

My wife (a tigress) demanded the neighbour and chief to come and meet us with documents in hand on a specific date. They showed up (late, of course) but our neighbour still showed no documents and spoke as if he controlled the situation. The chief brought some police along and everyone quickly learned that our neighbour had made some serious mistakes and was acting foolishly. He was verbally reprimanded for cutting down a 30+ year old tree on our land but of course no other repercussions other than loss of face. If he can provide documentation showing he actually owns the land he is free to cut overhanging branches from another tree (which I will do by my own hand if necessary).
Long story short, we ended up regaining any lost land and built an affordable fence along his 'owned' property. While building our fence, the neighbour offered stone and sand from his construction resources to help - we said thanks, but no thanks (tricky man).

Hopefully he'll smarten up from now on but we've got him under our thumb now.
សូមអរគុណសូមជំរាបលា។
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

bobagubi wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:14 am The chief brought some police along and everyone quickly learned that our neighbour had made some serious mistakes and was acting foolishly. He was verbally reprimanded for cutting down a 30+ year old tree on our land but of course no other repercussions other than loss of face.
This is usually referred to as re-education by the competent authorities.
Great it all worked out nicely. Now you better keep your dogs inside your fenced garden.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Happy to know it's all worked out for the best, and your lady stud up for her rights, that is quite difficult in many ways, if she had a Khmer partner she wouldn't have had too, then again the problem would have not been there.
I had a similar carry on years ago, a real pain of a neighbour you could say, in the end with having no rights, and with officials and people looking after one another, even if wrong. I just walked away at the end of the day.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Glad to hear it all worked out. Great outcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic