What's the craziest story you have with meeting up with a girl in Phnom Penh? or Cambodia in General

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What's the craziest story you have with meeting up with a girl in Phnom Penh? or Cambodia in General

Post by Kammekor »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:29 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:33 pm
Ryan754326 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:09 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 pm
Who just started working in THAT bar a few days earlier after being shipped around between different bars for years.
But hey whatever gets you through the day :)
Man, you expat guys are all so cynical. What would these girls have to gain by lying to me?
Nothing. But that's not why they lie. It's habitual. The gain part is a coincidental bonus. They will lie when the truth would have better.
Not sure why we are so cynical. :chin: Experience? If you stuck it out, so to speak, with any of these chickens, and aren't naïve, you would know.
I actually really struggle to think of any Khmer girl who either wasnt an habitual liar, or didn't have the capacity to turn into one if the circumstances dictated. Do you think the men are the same ? Is it just a cultural thing or what ?

At least most of the Khmer girls I'm including in this tbf are probably bar girls, so it might be that too. I would say that the lies are not always for money. There are girls who have lied to me for non monetary reasons also.
I am always sad when guys tell stories about Khmer (bar) girls lying to them, while the guy was, apparently:

1. always honest with the (bar) girl
2. fluent enough in Khmer to rule out communication problems

Isn't it sad how these Khmer bar girls abused the innocent foreign men?

[irony ends here]
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What's the craziest story you have with meeting up with a girl in Phnom Penh? or Cambodia in General

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:13 am
Who just started working in THAT bar a few days earlier after being shipped around between different bars for years.
Man, you expat guys are all so cynical. What would these girls have to gain by lying to me?
Nothing. But that's not why they lie. It's habitual. The gain part is a coincidental bonus. They will lie when the truth would have better.
Not sure why we are so cynical. :chin: Experience? If you stuck it out, so to speak, with any of these chickens, and aren't naïve, you would know.
I actually really struggle to think of any Khmer girl who either wasnt an habitual liar, or didn't have the capacity to turn into one if the circumstances dictated. Do you think the men are the same ? Is it just a cultural thing or what ?

At least most of the Khmer girls I'm including in this tbf are probably bar girls, so it might be that too. I would say that the lies are not always for money. There are girls who have lied to me for non monetary reasons also.
I am always sad when guys tell stories about Khmer (bar) girls lying to them, while the guy was, apparently:

[irony ends here]
No need to feel sad mate, it's all OK :thumb:
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

It is what it is until it isn't.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:13 am

[irony ends here]
Far from innocent, with the distance varying greatly, but thank you for your empathy. Or was it sympathy?

I am not disrespecting them by stating the fact, and generalisation.

As with Ahyou!, my reference points are bar girls, primarily.

I feel sad for lots of them (definitely empathy), especially the young tarty ones whom I knew a month or 2 earlier as a naive innocent cashier chicken from the province, whom the older hags had gained the trust of and "educated" them with the same old witless lines and excuses (lies), and happily thrown the lamb to the slaughter to harden up in the deep end, for their own pecuniary advantage. It's not necessarily "over in 30 minutes." A couple of hippos come to mind, whose only concern, I have seen, comes down to the beneficiaries not wanting the golden egg laying goose to leave or not be able to work.

The personification is apt when busy bars resemble zoos.

I don't know that I insinuated that I was always honest, or even, ever. However, had I done so, it is because it is not far from the truth (unless I'm a liar). And the reason for my honesty is to try to illustrate how much easier it is, don't have to remember and you feel stronger. Eventually the lie hits a contradiction.

It falls on deaf ears, because they don't give a shit what we have to say unless it is somehow connected to them making money. Usually and IMO.

I base this on, we being the same way when we are working.

Why bother? Glad you asked. Because I hate the insulting bullshit. And I rarely bother anymore (rarely patronise those bars, for that matter). It was mainly when I first arrived and for some reason figured I could break centuries of tradition, instilled in them soon after birth, in preparation for adulthood in the mid-teens.

Now it is usually an acknowledging expression of boredom on my way out.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 am thank you for your empathy. Or was it sympathy?
He's got a grudge against me, because I said he was scaremongering last week when he said that some people should have colonoscopies twice a year from an early age. After a bit of an exchange on it, he revealed that he was talking about his own situation, in response to which I offered my apologies and sincere sympathy and wished him all the best. He'll probably let it go in about 20 years :thumb:
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

**Interlude**
** Now back to crack pipes triple-titted hoes playing with themselves in temples with pics, or something **
**Interlude ends**
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Someone is talking about chickens, lambs, goose and hippos, where the fuck is this thread going :jerk:

------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:23 pm Having called the big wooden house story "grim", I've actually just remembered I've done something a bit similar myself (not fisting a girl in front of her family I would add).

I dont even know where it was but I'm thinking maybe Puerto princesa. No idea who the girl was or where we'd met/been (although I'm pretty sure she wasnt a whore), but I have a very vague memory of going back to her house in a sidecar strapped to a motorbike, through miles and miles of puddles broken roads.

Her house was one of those wooden ones anyway. I seem to remember asking her when we got there how the fuck I was going to get back to town in the morning, and she ended up telling the sidecar guy to wait while we had sex. There was a child or a baby or something in the house asleep I think.

How do you forget that????? Mind boggles.
My mind is certainly boggling, that must be the most unconvincing anecdote I’ve ever read, the last line in particular “There was a child or a baby or something in the house asleep I think” should be the definition of vague.
FFS! It’s like some tale Walter Mitty might concoct if he had Alzheimer’s.
If I’m wrong in my assumption that the whole story is just made up, and with your memory apparently being so bad, how can you even be sure it was the girl you had sex with, and not the taxi driver?
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:46 am
Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:23 pm Having called the big wooden house story "grim", I've actually just remembered I've done something a bit similar myself (not fisting a girl in front of her family I would add).

I dont even know where it was but I'm thinking maybe Puerto princesa. No idea who the girl was or where we'd met/been (although I'm pretty sure she wasnt a whore), but I have a very vague memory of going back to her house in a sidecar strapped to a motorbike, through miles and miles of puddles broken roads.

Her house was one of those wooden ones anyway. I seem to remember asking her when we got there how the fuck I was going to get back to town in the morning, and she ended up telling the sidecar guy to wait while we had sex. There was a child or a baby or something in the house asleep I think.

How do you forget that????? Mind boggles.
My mind is certainly boggling, that must be the most unconvincing anecdote I’ve ever read, the last line in particular “There was a child or a baby or something in the house asleep I think” should be the definition of vague.
FFS! It’s like some tale Walter Mitty might concoct if he had Alzheimer’s.
If I’m wrong in my assumption that the whole story is just made up, and with your memory apparently being so bad, how can you even be sure it was the girl you had sex with, and not the taxi driver?
The story is true, but that's all I remember of it.

There's a photo I have with a girl in Tiki Resto bar and although I'm familiar with her face, I don't remember anything about her. It's possible that it was her but I don't know. Maybe the girl in the photo is anal girl (a story from Puerto Princessa I put on here yesterday but then deleted). I think that the sidecar story probably was Puerto Princessa but I'm not sure.

Only reason I told it was that I remembered it after I'd commented on the other story (it was actually the other replies to the story that jogged something in my memory).

I do not specifically remember NOT having sex with the sidecar guy (who would not have been a regular taxi driver, as there's nowhere I have been where taxis have sidecars), but I am confident that I did not have sex with the sidecar guy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic