What's the craziest story you have with meeting up with a girl in Phnom Penh? or Cambodia in General

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What's the craziest story you have with meeting up with a girl in Phnom Penh? or Cambodia in General

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

@Chad Sexington

I have just found reference to it in my list of crazy travelling adventures that I put together a couple of years ago.

The entry reads, "• Had a crazy ride on a sidecar back to some philippino bird’s house in the middle of nowhere."

That's all. So all that I can offer in evidence is my bullet point.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What's the craziest story you have with meeting up with a girl in Phnom Penh? or Cambodia in General

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

In case it's of interest, other entries in that part of the list include (I've had to take some out for reasons I won't go into):

• Two thai girls got off their motorbike in chaing mai, and started jumping up and down very excitedly and calling me “mr boom boom”.
• had a 20 year old austrian model who had had lads queueing on the beach to have their picture taken with her, physically come on to me after id been dancing on a podium
• started dancing in a hostel reception area in thailand. This turned into a 4 hour show of singing and dancing, to a crowd of backpackers
• Did the running man in ski boots in an icy table at folie douche (only person in the club dancing due to the ice).
• Had samba dancers in Salvador de Bahia, whoopin and a whollering at my hip movements
• Was told by a dancer over the microphone in folie douce that she wanted my body
• Was told to take a bow by the lead singer in folie douce as I left for the final time
• Was told by a Latin dance teacher that I was, “born on a dance floor”
• Had….some girl come up to me in a bar, and ask me to touch her all over her body.
• Did a shuffle on top of a bar stool when I was shtifaced, and generally climbed around various items of furniture without a care in the world, like I was a cross between Jamiroqui and Buster Keaton.
• Performed a speech from romeo and Juliet to a group of smoking hot Russian girls who cheered wildly, and told me they were "big fans" of mine.
• Got called a soriorty frat boy by a hot nicaraguan bird.
• Turned down a Swedish 10 due to being distracted by an English 8. Spent the whole night whispering to the English 8, who eventually told me to “come up” to her bed at about 4am, just as I was falling asleep. Rested my head on the edge of her bed as I looked in awe at her amaaaazzzzzing body, naked save for her knickers and a little crop top riding up her back….sigh. Bumped into the English 8 in strange circumstances on the other side of the Philippines, a few days later, and walked off.
• Got asked on a date by a waitress I touched up at breakfast on my last day in the Philippines
• Bumped into the Polish girl I met on my birthday in the philippines, on a dance floor in France, and didn’t notice it was her even when she sang “shut up and dance with me”, because I had just walked in as “don’t stop believing” came on, and everyone (else) in the place was turned round smiling at me because they thought it was funny I should walk in just then, seeing as they knew I was still hoping to bump into Adidas (who walked straight past me shortly afterwards).
• Got hit on by some bird on a bus who then gave someone else a blowie on the bus after I laughed at her claim that the naked photos she was showing me were her
• Jumped out of a taxi i was in on a date with a hot young dutch bird
• Was asked to dance on stage in a bar, and had the whole place on their feet all night
• Got cokcblocked by a tramp
• Lost my temper at my friend, which made him go to bangladesh just before the terrorist attack, so he had to go home
• Got touchy feely with my tour guide
• Had a rain lock in in bin liners and sang flower of Scotland
• Pulled a superclub's drinks huzzie after my dance show
• Performed my first gigolo service to a hot young russian bird who enjoyed it so much she forgot her shoe
• Carried a 23 year old stunna's bag round a bar in between snogs, after she came to me in floods of tears saying she was so sorry.
• Got lost in -10 weather with some hot chick on our way back
• Blackmailed a mafia girl into snogging me
• Cured a girl's chronic hiccups by giving her a waist massage.
• Nearly, literally, sailed off into the sunset with a beautiful sweet dutch girl
• Fell in love with a university student who was reading Leon, and turned down a 30s blonde stunna as a result
• Made a karaoke hostess cry by singing love me tender, and a table full of the hottest girls in the nightclub get up and start cheering and whooping as i sang rebel yell
• Had a stunning young Ukrainain woman whose legs I'd spent the afternoon stroking by the pool scream, “I am not one of your friends, I AM WOMAN” at me as she traipsed through the mall behind me, then I left her in the food court for half an hour while i got lost in the mall trying to find somewhere to have a smoke before we went to the cinema, then spent half an hour following her round the mall trying to calm her down leaving her in the supermarket in her bathing costume, then hung up on her the next day, then spent the next couple of weeks/years pining for her.
• Played out fantasies (instigated by her) in public with a gorgeous and slightly 'crazy' Ukrainian woman. Great dancer. Unforgettable night.
• was abducted by a ukranian taxi driver when he sped past my hotel, jumped out, then ran after the taxi when i realised the girl i was with was still sat in the back. spent the next week going round asking for her, and was told she was probably dead, then found her in a bar where she just blanked me and walked off.
• Ran around an airport for an hour trying to cancel my intercontinental flight after the girl I was supposed to be going to see messaged me as I got to the airport to tell me she’s busy and can’t see me.
• had every (I would guess about 40 of them) girl in a bar stamping their feet and shouting "we want more, we want more, we want more" that i could hear down the street after I walked off after singing a couple of tunes in phi phi.
• Massaged a girl’s feet until she looked like her face was on fire as sweat dripped off her, and got her to agree that she will never find another man who can touch her like I touch her.
• Ran through a jungle holding hands with a girl and then protected her from a pack of dogs, resulting in her looking like the most excited human being of all time.
• Had a bar girl who had to leave by 4am latest, get up at lunch time and yell “YOU NOT CUSTOMER” as she got dressed and legged it out the door.
• Lost a stunna after leaving her in a bar for half an hour while I went and looked for a nicer room than the one she’d just found for us next to the bar.
• Got noshed off in a hotel swimming pool and found it was very difficult indeed to reciprocate under water.
• Snogged 8 girls in one nightclub on a Sunday afternoon.
• Got tugged off in a tukuk.

Some fun times there. Shame you have to get old really.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:34 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 am thank you for your empathy. Or was it sympathy?
He's got a grudge against me, because I said he was scaremongering last week when he said that some people should have colonoscopies twice a year from an early age. After a bit of an exchange on it, he revealed that he was talking about his own situation, in response to which I offered my apologies and sincere sympathy and wished him all the best. He'll probably let it go in about 20 years :thumb:
Well, that's as far from the truth as possible. Twice.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Another section of the list (again had to delete a couple for confidentiality reasons):

• Got punched in the face by some philippinos after I threw a girl across the bar who had repeatedly kicked me in the face on my birthday. Was warned by the bar owner that a lot of people wanted to hurt me bad.
• Got talked to by all the cops in some hick town in the phillippines, as the chief of police told me, “we don’t like trouble round here”, as he showed me his gun.
• Received violent death threats from a baying mob courtesy of some female man city fans I'd taken the piss out of whilst watching the Spurs game won valentines day, resulting in a fairly desperate escape back to my lodgings in Pai, Thailand.
• Got let off by the speeding cops as I slammed the breaks on so quickly when I came round the bend that they couldn’t get a speed reading.
• Got carried down the stairs of a nightclub by a doorman, as I asked people calmly to move aside as I was, “coming through”, after I tried to dance on top of a wall mounted cabinet.
• Got lost in the jungle in thailand when the national park was closed due to rainy season. Very close to falling to my death. Ended up getting back down to the river and taking the rapids out, going over waterfalls etc. When I got back my legs cramped solid from exhaustion and I couldn't get up off the floor.
• Got swept out to sea in massive rip tide in Brazil. Had my life saved at literally the last second or two by a very braver surfer who came in to get me from the beach.
• Got lost on a mountain in northern Albania
• Threatened to kill a bodybuilder squaddie in a moment of madness, then stood in the snow for 5 hours waiting for a girl
• Spent an afternoon chasing after a bus in a taxi in thailand after it had driven off with my backpack on board after i'd gone to look at some dolphins
• left my backpack on a bus half way between durban and cape town and got it back 2 days later on its return trip
• swam in great white shark waters at sunrise (new years day) in the western cape
• things got a bit tetchy between me and an american guy called Tiger on an overnight bus in thailand. He got bored with me in the end and got in a fight with two swedish lads who he then tried to attack with a spear gun
• was surrounded by a baying mob of irate indians who were threatening to throw me off a moving train following a disagreement over seating arrangements
• Had a shotgun levelled at me in the street from about 10 yards in Beirut.
• Touched a genuine ISIS flag when I accidently strayed into the absolutely no no no no go sunni area in Tripoli (Lebanon) then shouted “FUCK” when I dropped my camera.
• Was driven to a very quiet spot in the middle of the night by the only driver who the Odessa mafia allowed me to go with one night, and watched him silently reach into his glove box, before we went back on our way.
• Was driven to a very quite spot up a hill by a gentleman in the depths of Georgia, not long after he’d parked up by a river and dumped something in it from his boot. A very, very strange daytrip.
• Was threatened in some place in deep south east turkey where reputedly some of the mirkier Syrian rebels were operating from, for taking a photo of a woman who was quite happy for me to take her photo until they came round the corner when she started pretending she didn't want me to take her photo. Not a good place to be threatened. Made it back to the bus and got on my way.
• Been on a daytrip in indonesia where the boat should not have gone out. Spent most of the day watching the deckhands trying not to look panicked as they did what they could to stop the boat capsizing in waves about twice as high as the shit heap of a boat. Snorkelling was crap when we got there.
• Got detained by air asia staff who refused to allow me leave the airport and threatened me repeatedly into signing a confession saying that I had agreed to pay for a passenger search for the wallet I probably left in the departure lounge in Malaysia (i never signed it), after being moments away from being locked up to await deportation until someone paid for me to get a visa on arrival.
• Managed to escape from a bar where security had stood down after the local fight gang came in basically with the intention of killing me after I’d told one of them the night before that I was going to nail him to a post/supporting column.

I've done some fairly stupid things to be fair.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

There's a strip clubs section, but....haha...nah.

(there's also quite a cool legitimate, normal travelling experiences section, which is maybe one of the better parts of the list to look back on)

Right, going back to sleep...

Night.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:51 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 am thank you for your empathy. Or was it sympathy?
He's got a grudge against me, because I said he was scaremongering last week when he said that some people should have colonoscopies twice a year from an early age. After a bit of an exchange on it, he revealed that he was talking about his own situation, in response to which I offered my apologies and sincere sympathy and wished him all the best. He'll probably let it go in about 20 years :thumb:
ANOTHER POSTER
"Unless you have a family history of colon cancer or past issues yourself many western doctors (including mine from India) are recommending the fecal immunochemical test (FIT)."

YOU
"In individual cases an annual or bi-annual colonoscopy is recommended, sometimes from a young age already. Sometimes even with a HD endoscope camera to find even the smallest polyps because some people run the risk polyps turning cancerous very fast."

ME
"This is a hugely pessimistic point of view, to the point of scaremongering with false information."

YOU
"Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, so are you, but try to look up some info from independent organizations on DNA defects AND colon cancer before accusing me of scaremongering...For instance this paper about one specific genetic defect occurring in appr. 1 on 445 people from 2014:"

ME
"OK, yes to be fair you did say "in specific individuals", but you did not point out that the individuals you were referring to were those with Lynch Syndrome, ie people with a specific gene mutation. I suggest this is a fairly important point...Anyway, no worries, and have a nice day.."

YOU
"Lynch syndrome is just one example. The recommendations are actually broader than those diagnosed with Lynch syndrome. There are other genetic disorders and testing for them isn't available in large parts of the world.

When certain types of cancer run in the family at relatively young ages stricter screening is also recommended. For colon cancer that's around or before the age of fifty. The risk of inheritance is relatively large in that case."

ME
"So your advice to people is what ? That the need for twice yearly colonoscopies from an early age only applies to them only if they have been told of the need to do this by their medical care provider (in which case they already know), or that everyone should worry that maybe this might apply to them ? Where are you going with this advice about what "individual cases" have to do ?"

YOU
"I'm not a pro, I'm only very knowledgeable about my specific background. If you want to know about your specific situation, look for a good doc and discuss with him / her. Not generic advice here.

I shared my experiences about my recent colonoscopy @ the Royal Phnom Penh hospital, and I regret that. I shared recent specific & detailed information and got flamed for that, being a bragger. After that I was accused of scaremongering. All I did was share my recent experience and pointing out the generic guidelines for FIT are NOT a one size fits all guideline."

ME
"Aha, apologies, I hadn't picked up that you were the same poster who provided the info on page 1 (obviously that was very useful info), or about your own colonoscopy. Most of all though, sorry to hear that you have medical issues of this nature, and I wish you all the best"
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

• Cooked marshmallows on a lava stream at the top of pacaya volcano
• Sat in the pool overlooking the edge of victoria falls as the smoke thundered
• Watched a seal hunting from the cliff top at cape of good hope
• Watched an outdoors play by a touring shakespearean company in the courtyard of Meharanger Fort in Jodphur
• Am almost certain I was the quickest person of the day down and up the grand canyon to the inner valley viewpoint
• Been surrounded by elephants with wildlife everywhere in chobe national park
• Travelled to burma so that i could finish reading the Piano Tuner whilst overlooking a river in the Shan state
• Attended the Ramanya Ballet outside of Jogyakarta
• Went to a mountain top village where the locals still lived in huts and had a circle for sacrificing virgins. the bottom of the hill (several hours walk away) was 7 hours drive from the nearest restaurant
• Seen the changing of the guard ceremony on the india/pakistan border
• Been the first person of the day to the top of a volcano, besting a young german couple and their guide in a furious battle
• Seen a volcano erupt, and survived a volcanic dust cloud
• Trekked through javan jungle to find orang-utans
• Come face to face with a drunken tour guide doing a war dance at me on my private boat trip to the confluence of the indian and pacific oceans
• Rally driven around kerry with such ferocity as to cause sheep to run over to watch
• Raced down a run from the top of the mountain in the 3 valleys in a time that made a ski instructor wince, and the lift operator hold her head
• Tucked the whole way down a red run from top to bottom
• Went to an amazing robot and lights show in the Tokyo entertainment district
• Watched a man in a philipino slum, break up some ice for his drink with a golf club
• Swam with whale sharks (and nearly had a fight with some other tourists on the boat)
• Saw a bait ball about a 200m long * 500m wide * 20m deep
• Saw a rainbow blob on a cloudy day
• Sat in a roman theatre, looking at a backdrop of Mount Etna
• Ran round the rim of another (partially active) volcano in a gale force wind
• Walked down the 1984 winter Olympics bobsled track
• Drove jeremy clarkson's "best road in the world"
• What I think must have been the Kiev Philarmonic orchestra was playing in Independence Square, to a backdrop of images of the history of Ukraine. And it was STUNNING. The most amazing sound I have ever heard
• Arrived before dawn in a real life wild west town (shady lady saloon and everything) silverton Colorado
• Swam in the Euphrates.
• Swam under a roman bridge after watching the sunrise on a mountain top in nemruit dagi national park.
• Travelled around south east turkey for 2 weeks during the height of the Syrian civil war, and didn’t see another tourist the whole trip.
• Spent a glorious 3 days motorbiking around ha xiang up by the Vietnam/china border, seeing hilltribes who had different outfits in each valley and to whom foreigners were still something to behold in amazement. What a trip.

There's a much longer version of that bit of the list somewhere. For my own interest I'll try to find it in the morning.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:52 am
I've done some fairly stupid things to be fair.
Is one of them meth, quite recently?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:16 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:51 am
YOU
"In individual cases an annual or bi-annual colonoscopy is recommended, sometimes from a young age already. Sometimes even with a HD endoscope camera to find even the smallest polyps because some people run the risk polyps turning cancerous very fast."
Did I have....
an annual or bi-annual colonoscopy - no
from a young age already - no
with a HD endoscope camera to find even the smallest polyps - no

So no, I didn't just talk about my own personal situation. And I don't have a grudge on you. So that makes two. let's close this now since it's pretty off topic here and probably a waste of time to other posters.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic