Nick, Nicks Bar, Street 51

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Shonen
Tourist
Great Britain

Nick, Nicks Bar, Street 51

Post by Shonen »

I have heard Nick of Nicks Bar on street 51, now Martini Bar has passed away in Siem Reap. I know no more information, RIP.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Nick, Nicks Bar, Street 51

Post by Cooldude »

That's a real shame. I used to hang out at his place when he first started in front of Oscar's on 51 and then moved across from the White Cobra. Had some really good nights at his place. I ran into him over a year ago when I was walking down street 136 during the day. He was drinking early in the afternoon and looked like he had some health issues. His son meant everything to him.
RIP Nick.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

How old was he ? Cause ?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I have heard Nick of Nicks Bar on street 51, now Martini Bar has passed away in Siem Reap. I know no more information, RIP.

Does anyone know for sure that he has passed away?

Best someone find out before this thread brings out the story tellers and old foes with an axe to grind.
ned kelly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ned kelly »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:37 am

Best someone find out before this thread brings out the story tellers and old foes with an axe to grind.
Yes confirmed by his best mate, who is also organizing his funeral.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ned kelly wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:37 am

Yes confirmed by his best mate, who is also organizing his funeral.
Fair enough...
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Lovely guy and a great host - spent many happy times at his pizza joint on St 51

RIP Nick - safe travels
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

R.I.P Nick

Used sometimes stop by for a burger and a beer on my way home before he sold it

For some reason I had thought he was already dead; but must have mixed him up with somebody else
brisie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by brisie »

I was talking to him two months ago in takhmao he was telling me he had been living there for a lot of years and how he liked it.
He looked alright to me for all the shit he's been through.
Bit of a shock to the system Nick was a top guy.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

Nick was a great host.
Always cheerful and good for a chat. You couldn’t walk by his bar without stopping.
And, he would always take your order, even when he had staff idling. Customer was King – or Boss as he would say.

How old was he? Maybe 50? How did he leave so early?
Way too early.

RIP.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic