Russians on the Run Arrested in Phuket for Theft of 50-million-baht Painting

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Russians on the Run Arrested in Phuket for Theft of 50-million-baht Painting

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

3 Russians held for art theft
published : 9 Sep 2021 at 04:00
writer: Achadthaya Chuenniran

Three Russian suspects have been arrested for allegedly stealing a 50-million-baht painting from a Swiss art dealer in Pattaya last November, before fleeing to Phuket.

The arrests were jointly conducted by the Immigration Bureau (IB) Investigation Division and Immigration Division 6.

They followed a request by provincial police in Chon Buri for help in tracking down Russian nationals Olek Tarakhnov, 51, Alek Sie, 19, Maxim Sukharev, 33, and Alena Zakharova, 33, who were suspected to be hiding in Phuket.

Investigators received a tip-off that Mr Tarakhnov and Ms Zakharova were living together at Grace Garden Villa, and Mr Sukharev lived alone at Habitown Villa in tambon Koh Kaew of Muang district.

Investigators asked the Phuket Provincial Court to issue warrants against the suspects and arrested them yesterday. Mr Sie, however, had already left the country.

Pol Maj Gen Phantana Nutchanat, commander of the IB's Investigation Division, yesterday said the four assaulted a Swiss national and stole a painting worth 50 million baht in Pattaya last November. All were caught and released on bail but then later skipped bail and fled to Phuket.

The three claimed the incident was a misunderstanding. However, Na Jomtien police said the Swiss national claimed a deal had been struck to purchase the painting and then they attacked him and stole the artwork.

Russia's consulate in Phuket will try and help locate the painting.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -art-theft
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Russians on the Run Arrested in Phuket for Theft of 50-million-baht Painting

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

C'mon, cough up.

The picture. A picture please.
We gotta see the goods
or it didn't happen and it certainly isn't worth 50 mill.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Re: Russians on the Run Arrested in Phuket for Theft of 50-million-baht Painting

Post by theKid »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:58 pm C'mon, cough up.

The picture. A picture please.
We gotta see the goods
or it didn't happen and it certainly isn't worth 50 mill.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

"Self portrait with the REAL mona Lisa"

Yeah, i'll pay 50 mill

Hang on, if that signature is real, why has Vincent still got his ear?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:15 pm "Self portrait with the REAL mona Lisa"

Yeah, i'll pay 50 mill

Hang on, if that signature is real, why has Vincent still got his ear?
Oh no you’ve mistaken that wasn’t some Vincent bloke, it’s Daniel Craig (James Bond)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Thanks Yong...
But I'll keep my 50 mill.

I think i prefer Vince Mc No Ears taste in Mona Lisa's better
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic