Marriage thread. September 2021

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
andrejsl
Tourist
Slovenia

Re: Marriage thread. September 2021

Post by andrejsl »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:20 pm For me
1. Embassy affidavit about. (This one needs to be current, within 3 months)*
What is Embassy affidavit about?

And the documents can be in English language?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Sorry- internet access here is bad on a good day.

For a UK passport holder, an (the) Embassy affidavit, sworn in the presence of the embassy- they then issue a certificate, duly stamped and signed.
It’s acceptable to the MOFAIC, as part of the supporting documents.
For your case, I cannot comment.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, documents should be in English, if translated from another language then the translations need to be certified from your Embassy
andrejsl
Tourist
Slovenia

Post by andrejsl »

I wrote an email to [email protected], asking how the documents should be notarized, but got no answer in 8 days.
Anyone knows of any other contact?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

andrejsl wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:31 pm I wrote an email to [email protected], asking how the documents should be notarized, but got no answer in 8 days.
Anyone knows of any other contact?
Call them directly, number is on their website. Or try 061 214415 (mobile). He used to work there.

Mail is useless.
andrejsl
Tourist
Slovenia

Post by andrejsl »

For proof of salary is it enough to provide bank statements for the last couple of months?
Or is there needed something like a certificate of employment?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

From me, they wanted an original copy of my current contract of employment, or a photocopy/scan duly notarised.

They are also currently 2 weeks late and counting with the next stage, with at least one more week to go for them to read the paperwork that they already have.
andrejsl
Tourist
Slovenia

Post by andrejsl »

You mean just the page or two where it states you are employed there and the page with salary? because employment contract contains lots of pages I assume they don't need. And I will need to be translating this with translation costing 50EUR per page.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

At a guess, if it’s a document, then they want the whole document. If possible, it may be worth getting a simple letter from the same company stating employment date and salary. Signed and stamped.

It’s a country fascinated with tedious bureaucracy- the aim appears to be to paperwork you into submission.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:45 pm From me, they wanted an original copy of my current contract of employment, or a photocopy/scan duly notarised.

They are also currently 2 weeks late and counting with the next stage, with at least one more week to go for them to read the paperwork that they already have.
Better bring your wallet when you collect your documents at the MoFA. They're very, very keen on deadlines.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic