Phnom Penh is now also the most vaccinated capital city in the world

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Phnom Penh is now also the most vaccinated capital city in the world

Post by bucknaked »

Whaaa?

Apologies if this has been discussed, I haven't been on for a while and reading articles today it still sounded all doom and gloom over there

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/phnom ... 58pbk.html

what with Australia aiming for 80% 2nd vaxxed by the end of the year traveling back to Cambodia all of a sudden seems not so far away?
Even the ugly ones
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: PP is now also the most vaccinated capital city in the world

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

bucknaked wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:07 pm what with Australia aiming for 80% 2nd vaxxed by the end of the year traveling back to Cambodia all of a sudden seems not so far away?
^^^ You may be right Buckin'

Yeee Haaaa

me ^^ right now
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah this is old news, but you got to wonder why all the restrictions then...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I think the restrictions are only until the vax rates get high enough.

That is why i can't understand all the moaning about restrictions. It's not forever and was never intended to be.
Those poeple that are saying the Au and NZ governments want their citizens to live in a cave forever - or ScoMo is just realising that they can't - are either being very disingenuous, or they are totally missing the point.
imo
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:37 pm Yeah this is old news, but you got to wonder why all the restrictions then...
I think they are taking their cues from the Chinese docs.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

SternAAlbifrons wrote:I think the restrictions are only until the vax rates get high enough.

That is why i can't understand all the moaning about restrictions. It's not forever and was never intended to be.
Those poeple that are saying the Au and NZ governments want their citizens to live in a cave forever - or ScoMo is just realising that they can't - are either being very disingenuous, or they are totally missing the point.
imo
If the rate for PP is 99%, then isn't that high enough for you? What exactly will be enough for you? Schools in most countries only closed for like 3 weeks and here, despite the so-called success of the vaccination campaign, schools and gyms are still closed, so are bars and so on. People are spraying alcohol on money and their motorbike seats... What will be enough for you?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

bucknaked wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:07 pm what with Australia aiming for 80% 2nd vaxxed by the end of the year traveling back to Cambodia all of a sudden seems not so far away?
Australia is only aiming for 80% of adults to be vaccinated. Seems that children aren't people. It's pathetic but deliberate spin by the government.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:02 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote:I think the restrictions are only until the vax rates get high enough.

imo
If the rate for PP is 99%, then isn't that high enough for you? What exactly will be enough for you? Schools in most countries only closed for like 3 weeks and here, despite the so-called success of the vaccination campaign, schools and gyms are still closed, so are bars and so on. People are spraying alcohol on money and their motorbike seats... What will be enough for you?
We seem to of got all muddled up 'ere.
Some punters talkin' bout Cambodia, & others bout Oz. :hattip:
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Railroad wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:35 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:02 pm

imo
We seem to of got all muddled up 'ere.
Some punters talkin' bout Cambodia, & others bout Oz. :hattip:
Punters, munters and bunters ... we got them all I think so let's not dwell on just one eh :beer3:
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

bucknaked wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:07 pm
what with Australia aiming for 80% 2nd vaxxed by the end of the year traveling back to Cambodia all of a sudden seems not so far away?
You might want to check out what’s been happening in Israel or England before you start packing your bags.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic