Phnom Penh is now also the most vaccinated capital city in the world

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh is now also the most vaccinated capital city in the world

Post by RVN67 »

Ego, Roger that!
AzalKH
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AzalKH »

With regards to the increase in effectiveness that Chile is reporting, they have been doing small scale (several hundred participants) studies. In one in September they reported a 15x increase in antibodies after an astrazeneca booster.

https://www.gob.cl/en/news/study-shows- ... factor-15/

Most astrazeneca vaccinations went to front line workers and government employees, though some did reach the general public as mentioned earlier, but it wasn't a big drive. They received a bit under 2 million in total, half from UK and half from Japan.

We can see breakdowns of the vaccinations that they claim to have given in images from the ministry of health Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/MinistryofHealthofCambodia/ for most recent as I realise this image has been pixelated pretty badly.

Had my booster done a couple of weeks ago at the Preach Any Duong hospital near Wat Phnom and I got the Japanese Astrazeneca vaccination and like Nemo I watched the guy update my online profile.

This is just an informative post from my experience and some publicly available information. Take the links and info presented as you will.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

I think you will find Canberra, with about 99%, kicks all asses
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:32 am I think you will find Canberra, with about 99%, kicks all asses
Canberra is 99% of people aged over 16. PP probably still ahead.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:58 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:32 am I think you will find Canberra, with about 99%, kicks all asses
Canberra is 99% of people aged over 16. PP probably still ahead.
12, actually (why am I continuously challenged?), and in an aging aussie population compared to longevity target a lot lower here, I think they would struggle to beat CBR. In addition, the numbers here would never be accepted as verified (both vaccinated numbers and ages), internationally - not that I am an advocate of the perceived corruption scale, even transparency can be based on stereotypes - based on a bottom 20 integrity ranking vs top 10 (occ. slipping to 11). New Zealand (number1) is now back in the game, with the country stepping up the vax rate with a "Super Saturday" aimed at a shot at the title.

Wouldn't put it past the little battlers; they are number 1 in plenty of other arenas (challenge me again, with that one).
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic