Top 10 Best Indian Food Restaurants in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Top 10 Best Indian Food Restaurants in Phnom Penh, Cambo

Post by Jacobincambodia »

John Bingham wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Also, the food court on the 2nd floor has good Indian. Choices are a bit limited but really tasty and cheap. A Malay chef runs the place.
The2nd floor of where?
Oh right. Aeon Mall
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote:^^ Structure helps too.

"I've had some very authentic curries there with a vegetarian mate, he tells me he's had some awful food. Apparently it's very much down to whether the owner is in town at the time. That's what makes the difference."

:stir:
Advanced English lessons with the Raven. :popcorn:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
John Bingham wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Also, the food court on the 2nd floor has good Indian. Choices are a bit limited but really tasty and cheap. A Malay chef runs the place.
The2nd floor of where?
Oh right. Aeon Mall
Has Aeon Mall put all the other Phnom Penh malls out of business yet or what?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

General Mackevili wrote:

"I've had some very authentic curries there with a vegetarian mate, he tells me he's had some awful food. Apparently it's very much down to whether the owner is in town at the time. That's what makes the difference."

Advanced English lessons with the Raven. :popcorn:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
John Bingham wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:
The2nd floor of where?
Oh right. Aeon Mall
Has Aeon Mall put all the other Phnom Penh malls out of business yet or what?
The other ones continue to be lame. Although, I've noticed several shops at Aeon closed down. I guess that's to be expected though.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:I guess I am not into Indian foods as I tried a few times and I didn't like them. The smell is too strong for me.
I don't like it either. I think Sri Lanka and Idian food is similar. I still hate curry until now.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Thank you, sensei!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Rama wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote:One more: Chi Chas. it's a guesthouse (which I wouldn't recommend, looks a bit distasteful) but the Indian food is delicious!

Haven't been in years. This place : http://www.lonelyplanet.com/cambodia/ph ... an/chi-cha

The set meal used to be great value $3/4 curry, 2 veg, dal, and endless chapti.
Too far from where I live now. My local is now Corinader, vegetarian, and cheap: $3.50/4 a curry. They have some great dishes and excellent breads. http://theadvisorcambodia.com/2014/11/c ... undi-good/
If I'm desperate for some chicken tikka I'll go to Mount Everest. Nice owners and the best thick black dal too.

Think I'll have Indian this evening.
Sorry to report. Following diligent field research I must report that, sadly, prices are now at USD 5 for both set lunch and dinner at Chi Chas. So, people dont get too exited.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

I ate their a few times in 2012, but went back this last January and was very disappointed. The food was served half cold, suggesting it was just being reheated from earlier... and also half cooked food sucks. I am not positive on the name, but my favorite is called everest or something. It is that place in BKK3, south of the monument, maybe st 63? Always consistent quality.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

MekongMouse wrote:I ate their a few times in 2012, but went back this last January and was very disappointed. The food was served half cold, suggesting it was just being reheated from earlier... and also half cooked food sucks. I am not positive on the name, but my favorite is called everest or something. It is that place in BKK3, south of the monument, maybe st 63? Always consistent quality.
Your thinking of Mount Everest. One of my favorites in town.

I order from there once a month for my Indian fix.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:I guess I am not into Indian foods as I tried a few times and I didn't like them. The smell is too strong for me.
I don't like it either. I think Sri Lanka and Idian food is similar. I still hate curry until now.
I guess not many Cambodians like Indian foods.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

^^^^^ Indian food is quite diverse. It's a big country w 1 billion + people, many different languages, and many types of cuisine. Cambodia would just be a tiny province in India. In SEA it seems to me that 1/3 of the culture is indigenous, 1/3 from China, & 1/3 from India. Don't write it off because you didn't like a couple dishes. They gave you Buddha & your alphabet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic