Journalists Arrested for Filming House of Chinese Translator

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Journalists Arrested for Filming House of Chinese Translator

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On August 29, 2021, in Khan Sen Sok, on Street 1007, in Phnom Penh, a 39-year-old male journalist from Kampuchea Techo Santepheap News, and Pan Phalla, a 37-year-old male journalist working for ASEAN TV, filmed a residential house belonging to a 32-year-old woman named Tem Sreytouch, who works as a Chinese translator. She made a complaint to police for invasion of privacy.
The police seized a Vivo smartphone and a selfie stick, which the journalists used to film the victim and her house. The motive for the filming was not communicated.
The alleged suspects were held in custody for further investigation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Journalists Arrested for Filming House of Chinese Translator

Post by The Judge »

I don't think journalists perform surveillance on random people.

I'm guessing they had a pretty legitimate reason. Fucking Chinese!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Those black dots don't hide anything they would have been better keeping thier masks on
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

The Judge wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:57 am I don't think journalists perform surveillance on random people.

... brilliant observersation, your honour. I don't think you could be any less racist if you tried. Kudos for trying anyways. You almost managed to pigeon hole 1.398 billion people in your eloquent summary judgement.
atst wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:42 pm Those black dots don't hide anything they would have been better keeping thier masks on
I'm guessing that's what they call a literal black mark.

---------------------------

It's not the Chinese. It's about 2 creepy fellas, snapping pictures of a woman who lives alone.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

ofparadise wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:10 am
The Judge wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:57 am I don't think journalists perform surveillance on random people.

... brilliant observersation, your honour. I don't think you could be any less racist if you tried. Kudos for trying anyways. You almost managed to pigeon hole 1.398 billion people in your eloquent summary judgement.
atst wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:42 pm Those black dots don't hide anything they would have been better keeping thier masks on
I'm guessing that's what they call a literal black mark.

---------------------------

It's not the Chinese. It's about 2 creepy fellas, snapping pictures of a woman who lives alone.
I'm so glad you understood my comment and understand my perspective. I strive for clear communication at all times. I purposely avoid being ambiguous for this reason. Yes, I spare none of the 1.398 billion. None.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic