How Rodrigo Duterte Can Stay No. 1 by Becoming No. 2

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

How Rodrigo Duterte Can Stay No. 1 by Becoming No. 2

Post by phuketrichard »

Although the Philippines is a part of SE Asia and often a place expats consider, ( although not many here it seems)
it does not generate much press here on CEO:

so how will this play out??
Rodrigo Duterte has dominated politics within the Philippines since changing into president 5 years in the past, with an antidrug campaign blamed for 1000’s of extrajudicial killings and a strain marketing campaign towards opposition leaders and the information media.
Now, with mere months left in his six-year time period, his opponents concern he’s laying the groundwork to remain in energy for years to return.

Mr. Duterte introduced this week that he meant to run for the vice presidency within the elections subsequent Might. Critics say it’s a blatant try by Mr. Duterte, 76, to save lots of himself from his “political sins” as he confronts doable prosecution by the Worldwide Felony Courtroom. An I.C.C. report final 12 months mentioned there was adequate proof to point out that crimes towards humanity had been dedicated in Mr. Duterte’s bloody drug struggle, which has left 1000’s useless.

However Mr. Duterte says he nonetheless has unfinished enterprise, mainly the drug struggle and his combat towards the nation’s Communist insurgency.
https://sontsonmedia.com/2021/08/27/how ... ming-no-2/

Fyi; used to spend a fair amount of time in Boracay in the late 80's ( knew a few resort owners back than) and have been in and out of Manila more than once. I never considered it as a place i'd ever want spend lots of time in, Yea the women were great, Diving was very good, but the food, ( worst in se asia) and crime offset all that in my eyes.
Just my 100 riels worth
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST