Cambodia Will Provide Temporary Refuge for Afghan Refugees

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia Will Provide Temporary Refuge for Afghan Refugees

Post by Doc67 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:06 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:17 am
The last time Cambodia took refugees they wanted AU$40million in Aid*.
Yeah the Kh government took the low-ball $40 mill bribe from the Aussie raghead-hating advertising executive/immigration minister (now PM) because they knew less than 6 would come and no more than 1 would stay.

Geez you're a sour old Pops today, Doc
Anybody else would call that a good balance between Cambodia's highest Humanitarian Values and the national economic interest.
:)
As soon as I read it I took it as a media puff piece, for the sole benefit of the international community.

"Give us more of your vaccines, and we'll help out with your Afghani refugee crisis"**

My prediction of zero still stands.

**subject to terms and conditions which will be revealed slowly and confusingly, over a long time, until you eventually give up.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:44 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:53 pm Article didn’t say that Iron Man was going to feed, clothe, and house them. Just give them visas.

So he’s looking for 300 Afghanis who carry at least $2000 in cash each, plus whatever Jewelery reserves they are wearing to survive the process?

Or will they all stay at the Cham mosques and beg?

Sad situation.
Wow, do you have to be so negative about Cambodia all the time? :please:
Yeah, NKOTB, quit stealing my thunder. JB says that's my territory. And we all know, if JB says something, it must be accepted as true.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

They did a great job of asylum for those Uigers a few years ago. Maybe they can take in all the Rohingya as well. Send em all to Sinoville and put them to work.😂
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic