Traffic in Khmer Women on the Increase in 2021

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Traffic in Khmer Women on the Increase in 2021

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): Kuy Koung, the representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, made a statement on the afternoon of August 27, 2021, saying that during the first 6 months of 2021, 230 Khmer women were reported as victims to human and sex trafficking in China. On July 2, 12 Khmer women were rescued and transferred back to Cambodia on a K6669 plane with the help of the Consulate General of Cambodia in Chongqing.
According to the Secretary of State, Ministry of Interior and the Permanent Vice President of the National Committee for Combating Human Trafficking (NEC), in the first 6 months of 2021, Cambodia has seen the number of human and sex trafficking increasing; 135 cases were reported compared to the 63 cases in the same period of 2020. They managed to stop 198 cases of sex trafficking, rescued 721 victims, arrested 291 human and sex traffickers.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traffic in Khmer Women on the Increase in 2021

August 28, 2021
Anti-Trafficking in Persons project to combat human trafficking
Sen David / Khmer Times
To combat the high incidences of human trafficking, a five-year Anti-Trafficking in Persons project (2021-2026) was launched yesterday.

The project was officially launched by the National Committee for Counter Trafficking (NCCT) Permanent Vice-Chairman, Chou Bun Eng and US Ambassador to Cambodia, W. Patrick Murphy.

According to NCCT, the project focuses on addressing the root causes of human trafficking and protecting vulnerable people from human trafficking, labour abuse and risky migration, as well as supporting the government to fight human trafficking to help victims more effectively.

The project will be implemented in eight targetted provinces – Phnom Penh, Prey Veng, Kampong Cham, Siem Reap, Banteay Meanchey, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and Koh Kong.

According to US Embassy post on its Facebook page, the US government is proud to launch this five-year USAID Cambodia Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) activity that has built upon several years of experience from previous USAID-funded CTIP programmes.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50924907/a ... afficking/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Needless to say, it is prevalent right here, and not hidden. If you knew a case of mother sells daughter of 14/15, how do you play that? Gotta stop it don't you? There are no circumstances that could justify that. Anonymously, would be prudent. It's heart-breaking. The ones sent abroad must shit themselves. Poor things (the pun was not intended - there's nothing funny here). I would gladly name the joint with the green light.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A 26-year-old Cambodian woman who was cheated by a broker to sell in China has been rescued by the Cambodian authorities in cooperation with the Chinese authorities.
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to the General Commission of the National Police on the morning of August 31, 2021, it was confirmed that on August 25, 2021, the Facebook account named "Pros Bee" wrote a message on the Facebook page of Samdech Krala Hom Sar Kheng, Minister of the Interior, saying " My sister Ith Chhouk was taken to work in China but is now being resold. Please help my sister. Now, on August 10, my sister is running away. We are orphans, we have no parents. Now I am worried, I do not know what to do. I can not contact my sister, please help! "

This message was sent to the Department of Anti-Human Trafficking and Protection of Minors for confirmation and the Cambodian authorities intervened on August 30, 2021, contacting their colleagues in China.
As a result, the Cambodian Consulate General in Guangzhou, in cooperation with the Chinese authorities, rescued the victim, Ith Chhouk, born on July 2, 1991, a Cambodian female national, born in Kampong Speu province. The Consulate General requested the issuance of a temporary travel document from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation to allow the victim to return to Cambodia.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic