plan b or c

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

plan b or c

Post by glennb6 »

still in Thailand. I am reading articles recently in the papers suggesting that a Digital Health Pass is in the works. Basically to keep track of your jabs so that you can participate in their version of a new free and safe society. See https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/21 ... health-app

I wanted to get the latest on Cambodia and the lock down situation et all. Yes I have read that entry requires a business visa or a retirement visa from the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok plus two weeks isolation in a fun camp at your own expense.

At present, what is open/closed? Are there in country travel restrictions? Are there any indications of a Digital Health Pass Cambodian style in the works? Are masks mandatory or just suggested? Gyms open or closed? Any indication of jabs being a requirement for a new visa or extending of visa? Or proof of jabs required to enter a market/store/business/etc ?

Thanks, Glenn
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: plan b or c

Post by John Bingham »

glennb6 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:47 am Yes I have read that entry requires a business visa or a retirement visa from the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok plus two weeks isolation in a fun camp at your own expense.
That's not accurate, you need an E class visa. The extension which becomes EB or ER is only available in Cambodia.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by glennb6 »

O-Kay John, thanks. I figure the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok would direct me to the correct visa.

Can you provide any input on these questions?
At present, what is open/closed?
Are there in country travel restrictions?
Are there any indications of a Digital Health Pass Cambodian style in the works?
Are masks mandatory or just suggested?
Gyms open or closed?
Any indication of jabs being a requirement for a new visa or extending of visa? Or proof of jabs required to enter a market/store/business/etc ?

Thx John
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

To be honest unless you have a support base set up already I would advise against moving to Cambodia right now. There are foreigners leaving everyday, far more than seem to be arriving.
As for your queries:
1.A whole lot of places are closed, some temporarily and many permanently. Tourist areas are most affected. There are still plenty of places to eat and drink but you might not find them without advice.
2.Not really, but there are some small parts of the capital and provinces that have been locked off or restricted.
3.We have cards, similar to ATM cards, to show you are vaccinated. I haven't received mine yet.
4.Masks are mandatory in any public space.
5.A lot of gyms and sports grounds are closed.
6.Most of the population is vaccinated. It has not been made a requirement yet but I could bet that proof of vaccination will be required for visa extensions soon. There's a system where you need to scan a QR code to enter most commercial or civil premises. I'm not sure it works so well but you could be flagged if you scanned into a premises where there was an outbreak.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by glennb6 »

thanks for the answers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic