Covid Vaccination Cambodia & Europe

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Robs
Tourist
Great Britain

Covid Vaccination Cambodia & Europe

Post by Robs »

Has anyone been vaccinated here with Siniovac and then re-vaccinated in Europe with Astra-Zeneca etc? Any reason this would cause a problem?
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Covid Vaccination Cambodia & Europe

Post by Equinix »

You can fly in without a vax. Just need a PCR test.

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/eu ... reen-pass/
The EU Digital COVID Certificate serves as proof that a person has been vaccinated against COVID-19, has recently received a negative COVID-19 test, or is protected against the disease after being infected (recovery valid for up to 6 months).
Will EU health passes be mandatory to travel?

No. The EU Digital COVID Certificate) will not be mandatory for travel. It will simply help to standardize the method of COVID immunity verification at national borders.

The European Commission has been clear about the EU’s position regarding this issue: the COVID certificates in Europe will not act as a new barrier for international travel, but instead they aim to facilitate and ease freedom of movement.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

The short answer for me is no. I haven't had any first hand experience of this but it's something I have also been wondering as I may return home to Europe soon.

But when you say 'cause a problem' are you referring to a medical problem or a problem getting access to the AZ jab if you've already been vaccinated with the Sinovac?

On the medical side, I think the honest answer is 'nobody knows'. There are plenty of places, including Cambodia, that are, or plan to, use the AZ as a booster shot for those already having been vaccinated with Sinovac, but as far as I know, there have been no concrete trials as to the safety of doing this, with some even suggesting that those in poorer countries such as Cambodia are the medical trial.

If you mean getting access to the AZ jab when you arrive in Europe, I would assume this is exactly what the authorities want you to do. There is no faith whatsoever in the Chinese vaccines in Europe but they are very keen to get everyone vaccinated with at least one of the 'better' ones (for want of a better word) so I would assume there would be no difficulty obtaining it. Quite the contrary.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Robs
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Robs »

Equinix wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:50 pm You can fly in without a vax. Just need a PCR test.

The EU Digital COVID Certificate serves as proof that a person has been vaccinated against COVID-19, has recently received a negative COVID-19 test, or is protected against the disease after being infected (recovery valid for up to 6 months).

No. The EU Digital COVID Certificate) will not be mandatory for travel. It will simply help to standardize the method of COVID immunity verification at national borders.

The European Commission has been clear about the EU’s position regarding this issue: the COVID certificates in Europe will not act as a new barrier for international travel, but instead they aim to facilitate and ease freedom of movement.
Yes, thank you for the reply and the link.

I was referring to medical issues with creating a Vax cocktail in one's system.
Robs
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Robs »

xandreu wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:18 pm The short answer for me is no. I haven't had any first hand experience of this but it's something I have also been wondering as I may return home to Europe soon.

But when you say 'cause a problem' are you referring to a medical problem or a problem getting access to the AZ jab if you've already been vaccinated with the Sinovac?

On the medical side, I think the honest answer is 'nobody knows'. There are plenty of places, including Cambodia, that are, or plan to, use the AZ as a booster shot for those already having been vaccinated with Sinovac, but as far as I know, there have been no concrete trials as to the safety of doing this, with some even suggesting that those in poorer countries such as Cambodia are the medical trial.

If you mean getting access to the AZ jab when you arrive in Europe, I would assume this is exactly what the authorities want you to do. There is no faith whatsoever in the Chinese vaccines in Europe but they are very keen to get everyone vaccinated with at least one of the 'better' ones (for want of a better word) so I would assume there would be no difficulty obtaining it. Quite the contrary.
Thanks for your reply. We may be in a similar boat.
I leave for England next week, and have to quarantine for 10 days as Sinovac isn't accepted there of course.
I have receive texts from the NHS reminding me to book my shots, so I am thinking of getting them once I am out of jail.
I'll let you know,
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Robs wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:18 am
xandreu wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:18 pm The short answer for me is no. I haven't had any first hand experience of this but it's something I have also been wondering as I may return home to Europe soon.

I leave for England next week, and have to quarantine for 10 days as Sinovac isn't accepted there of course.
I have receive texts from the NHS reminding me to book my shots, so I am thinking of getting them once I am out of jail.
I'll let you know,
Chile and also the UAE used Chinese vaccines extensively and have begun giving boosters of AZ or Pfizer. Many here have also got an AZ booster after a two shots of Sinovac. So far so good. But it won't do any harm to wait a while.

The only trouble with the NHS is if you tell them you have had Sinovac they might get a bit nervous about letting you be a guinea pig. There has been no Chinese vaccines in the UK and so no testing with mixing them. They must have come across this situation by now but whether there are clear and consistent policies in place is another matter.

If I suddenly went back to the UK I would just go and book the jabs and keep quiet about my previous Sinovac history.

Anyway, as you are going, you're our man! Tell us what they said about you having two shots of the good stuff after two shots of the Chinese stuff (if you tell them about it.)

Plus reactions/effects etc.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Robs wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:15 am
Equinix wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:50 pm You can fly in without a vax. Just need a PCR test.

In Cambodia Astra-zeneca is used as a one shot booster. I know three people who got it after Sinovac. Two out of three felt pretty bad after the jab and are still not feeling well (a week later). Headache, light fever, that kind of stuff. Pure anecdotal, I know.
Robs
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Robs »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:00 am

I'll let you know,
Chile and also the UAE used Chinese vaccines extensively and have begun giving boosters of AZ or Pfizer. Many here have also got an AZ booster after a two shots of Sinovac. So far so good. But it won't do any harm to wait a while.

The only trouble with the NHS is if you tell them you have had Sinovac they might get a bit nervous about letting you be a guinea pig. There has been no Chinese vaccines in the UK and so no testing with mixing them. They must have come across this situation by now but whether there are clear and consistent policies in place is another matter.

If I suddenly went back to the UK I would just go and book the jabs and keep quiet about my previous Sinovac history.

Anyway, as you are going, you're our man! Tell us what they said about you having two shots of the good stuff after two shots of the Chinese stuff (if you tell them about it.)

I feel the same vis-a-vis telling the NHS... not planning to, that's why I'm asking here.
There's no details anywhere, thought someone might have tried it.
Also, then I can go back to England next yuear without quarantine.
Yes i am the guinea pig... so if you never hear from me again.........
Robs
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Robs »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:38 am
Robs wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:15 am

In Cambodia Astra-zeneca is used as a one shot booster. I know three people who got it after Sinovac. Two out of three felt pretty bad after the jab and are still not feeling well (a week later). Headache, light fever, that kind of stuff. Pure anecdotal, I know.
One of my sisters felt the same having AZ jabs only.
Pity I cant get vax-ed during quarantine.... kill 2 birds with one stone
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Robs wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:00 am

I'll let you know,

I feel the same vis-a-vis telling the NHS... not planning to, that's why I'm asking here.
There's no details anywhere, thought someone might have tried it.
Also, then I can go back to England next yuear without quarantine.
Yes i am the guinea pig... so if you never hear from me again.........
Just remember that the people who have had Sinovac and then have a booster shot of AZ, be it here, or the UAE, Chile etc, only get one shot of AZ.

When you go to the UK, you will have to have two shots, or you'll be considered under vaccinated and won't get your certificate of vaccination to enable future hassle free trouble.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic