charlie watts

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: charlie watts

Post by Ghostwriter »

Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

He was a bit eccentric but did you know he never learnt to drive?

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts’ car collection revealed

The Rolling Stones drummer couldn’t drive, but that didn’t stop him from owning a collection of rare cars.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts had an impressive collection of exotic cars, and was known to sit and listen to their idling engines as a form of relaxation despite having never learned to drive.

Adding to the eccentric behaviour of the reclusive musician – who died this week aged 80 – Watts reportedly purchased matching suits to reflect the era of each model, and would wear the outfits while appreciating the sounds of his exotic machines.

“I just love the shape of old cars,” Watts told music magazine NME in 2018. “I can’t drive, so I just sit in them and listen [to the] brrrrrrr … I suppose you could call it a rich man’s indulgence.”

He is believed to have owned at least five vehicles of significance: an early-era Bugatti, a Lamborghini Miura, a 1937 Lagonda Rapide, a bright-yellow Citroen 2CV (identical to the one featured in 1981 James Bond classic For Your Eyes Only), and an example of the ultra-complex Maserati-powered Citroen SM.

Rolling Stones band members were all avid car-lovers – At the height of their fame lead guitarist Keith Richards was known to commute in a 1972 Ferrari Dino 246GT, while singer Mick Jagger cruised about London in his 1966 Aston Martin DB6.

Bassist Bill Wyman drove a 1966 Mercedes-Benz 250 S luxury limousine in the early 1970s, and bought it back from a subsequent owner two decades later for a complete restoration.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/rolling-s ... um=partner
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

An interview with Charlie Watts in 2008.. I like the way he's so candid and humble..

60 Minutes Australia have also done a recent vid: 'The Rolling Stones look back on 50 wild years of rock 'n' roll'

sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Just wondering, is this a Kris whatever thread or what?And a music video "Cover" of a stones classic?

WTF?

THE HORROR.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic