5 days of need a break what beach or island from PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: 5 days of need a break what beach or island from PP

Post by Anchor Moy »

Lazy Beach on Koh Rong Sanloem is nice, but I think it's kind of pricey these days. Or one of the resorts on Koh Rong. (Can't help you there, but seems that some are open for business. Check out the KR FB page.)
Another alternative is to go to Kep - either check into a resort, there are many to choose from - or there is a poster here who has a beautiful house with pool that is sometimes available for short-term rental, also in Kep.

Otherwise, you could go over to Koh Tonsay from Kep and be a beach bum for a couple of days. That would be my choice, but there's not much to do there, if you don't count swimming, exploring, and getting a massage in between meals. Take a torch and a book. Cheap and basic. (Avoid weekends if you want quiet time.)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

kep is very quiet now plus as places to stay are very spread out you need ur own transport and entertainment.
of course weekends are busy with the PP crowd ( khmers) down picnicking on the sidewalks
was at the beach yesterday and was the only barang there>
rabbit island (Koh Tonsay) if ur into solitude.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

sigmoid wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:50 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:56 pm Seychelles.
If not, can we still get to Phu Quoc? I know it's Vietnamese but it used to be special entry, no visa, certainly by air and I think there is a way by land/sea. It is closer to cam than nam. Beautiful islands you get the longest sea cable car in the world to islands. Not sure if you can fly from here. Worth checking out.
You might be able to travel to Phu Quoc in October as they have their own "sandbox" plan:

Phu Quoc moves closer to trialing vaccine passports (July 13, 2021)
The tourism ministry plans to trial a six-month vaccine passport program in Phu Quoc Island from October, and hopes to receive 40,000 foreign tourists during the period. The draft proposal by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism said 2,000-3,000 foreigners would come to Phu Quoc every month by charter flights during the first three months of the trial, and only be allowed to stay in sequestered resorts and tourist areas approved by it. In the next three months the number would increase to 5,000-10,000 with tourists arriving by commercial flights.

To enter Phu Quoc, foreign tourists need to furnish a vaccination certificate showing they have got two shots of a Covid vaccine approved by Vietnam. The second shot must have been taken between 14 days and 12 months before the date of entry.

Those who had Covid and have recovered must furnish a certificate from the country of treatment. The discharge date must have been within the previous 12 months.

Besides, visitors must present a negative result in a PCR test done within 72 hours before departure.
Right now, VN is focused on dealing with the COVID situation similar to all countries in ASEAN.
Next month, in a week, even:
https://www.asgam.com/index.php/2021/06 ... tion-plan/

Sorry Oumedc, digressing a bit as you did state in Cambo, but it's a shorter distance to the airport than Seenanipville.

Requirements for Phu Quoc Visa Exemption

To enter Phu Quoc with no visa, visitors must meet the requirements below:

Your passport must be valid for 6 months since your arrival date or else you should renew it prior to taking the trip to Phu Quoc. :Yahoo!:
You must fly from an international country to Phu Quoc via the Phu Quoc International Airport. This applies to direct, indirect and layover flights, where your final destination along the route is Phu Quoc. The onward destination could be any country, except Vietnam. :good:
Your stay on the island must be less than 30 days. You must provide proof (return airplane ticket, cruise ship departure date, etc.) that you will be leaving Phu Quoc Island within 30 days in order to be granted a “Visa Exemption Stamp”. :Bravo:
You have not been extradited from Vietnam in the past. :oops:
You are not on the wanted person list of Interpol. :twisted:
You travel to Phu Quoc by sea (ship or cruise) or by air (airplane), not by land border. :salut:
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

I'd head for one of the Koh Rong islands. From my experience, last year Koh Rong (big island) wasn't that crowded with party goers at all and I don't imagine it is now. I think you should have the run of the place.

Samolem is also lovely, but food options were rather limited there as only a couple of places were open (Sara where we stayed and the pricier restaurant at the fancy beach resort down the beach). Food is fine at both places but you get a little tired of it a after a few days.

On Big Koh Rung we stayed at White Sand Beach bungalows and just loved it. Also more food options by the Ferry docks. delicious $5 Khmer BBQ plate (with a can of beer included). Lot of options and so good I think we ate there 4 or 5 times.

We tried to get to Koh Tonsay when we went to Kep but the Island was closed off due to Covid.

Cavet, this info is almost a year old but I don't imagine much has really changed. But I'd call ahead to one of the hotels/resorts and ask them for updates.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Oumedc wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:10 pm Hello 5 day off really want to get out of city
What beach what island what do others like
I wonder if anyone in this forum could get me the e-mail address of the Old Cinema Hotel in Kampot.
Thanking you in advance for any assistance.
Boredom is like a shroud
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

cabron wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:26 pm
Oumedc wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:10 pm Hello 5 day off really want to get out of city
I wonder if anyone in this forum could get me the e-mail address of the Old Cinema Hotel in Kampot.
[email protected]
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Railroad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:07 pm
cabron wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:26 pm
[email protected]
Oumedc thank you much for the info.
Cheers
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic