Dubious Sales Company UNICITY Busted for Illegal Gathering

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Dubious Sales Company UNICITY Busted for Illegal Gathering

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Takeo Province: According to the police, 385 people were taken into custody for attending an illegal gathering on the evening of August 15, 2021, starting at at 4:50 until late at night, at Borey Rasmei, Sangkat Roka Knoung, Daun Keo City, Takeo Province.

According to the police, the reason for the arrests was that 385 men and women gathered to attend a 'UNICITY Cambodia' sales training course, ignoring the instructions of the Ministry of Health on measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Daun Keo City Police Inspector Ind Mondul confirmed that 58 people had been tested immediately. Among them, 6 staff members had negative results and were sent to the provincial police commission for further questioning. All the other people who were attending the course were placed separately in eight apartments in Borey Rasmei, the location of the Unicity company, for a team of doctors to test them for the Covid-19 virus.

Advertising on the now-closed FB page of Bios Life NZ
"Unicity Cambodia" is sales company, selling pseudo-medical products, such as "Bios Life Slim" weightloss pills, all over the world. Sales people recruited by the company have to buy a certain amount of products from them for resale, and they are also strongly encouraged to recruit new sellers in order to move up in the company hierarchy.
Many people consider that the company is a scam operation, but it is still operating in Cambodia, and recently two Cambodian men were arrested in Kampong Speu for running off with money that they had convinced a gullible victim to invest in Unicity.

Who's the boss ?
Christopher Hyunsu KIM chairman of the board of directors, Cambodia flag UNICITY (CAMBODIA) LTD (Cambodia, 31 Mar 2010- )
Christopher Hyunsu KIM director, Cambodia flag UNICITY (CAMBODIA) LTD (Cambodia, 31 Mar 2010- )
Internet sources:
https://opencorporates.com/officers?q=C ... =%E2%9C%93
https://www.unicity-easynet.com/leaders ... topher-kim
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Dubious Sales Company UNICITY Busted for Illegal Gathering

Post by Ghostwriter »

Just a reminder of what a MLM company is, for the young ones & the naives...
Spoiler:
Believing in your own potential = buy the product then sell it yourself if you're THAT confident. A classic trick, see the 12'17" mark
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Advertising on the now-closed FB page of Bios Life NZ

Secret formula: Lose some fat. Keep the tits.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I hate the way these companies prey on developing countries sucking in naive, impressionable people with their mantra of 'become an entrepreneur, run your own business, resign from your job etc' and promises of untold riches. The video above says it all. An ex GF and her father got heavily involved with Amway in Thailand 30yrs ago. I could never understand how they were so devoted to the idea, yet, they never made any significant money let alone give up their day jobs. They seemed to spend so much time at these 'motivational' business conferences...it was almost cult like..and delivering products in crazy BKK traffic (the travel expenses at their personal cost of course).

Long time ago, I met a guy in Australia who said to me 'I'm running a business and could do with someone like you'. Later we met up to discuss 'the business opportunity'. After about 30 mins of his spiel about the 'process' to make money and adding my friends as 'distributors' and drawing nice little bubble pyramid pics, I kept asking: 'What is this business?' to which he would try to avoid. Eventually, I said 'Is this Amway?' and his reply was 'Yes, what have you heard about Amway?' :lol:
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Locals do it to locals here. Buy bulk skin whitening/weight loss drink/vaginal tightening cream and be part of a bigger FB group. You then sell to other mugs within the group or try and sell direct, which is difficult because everyone else is doing it especially your FB friends.

Look at any young Cambodian whilst they are on their phone. They are always watching some shopping video usually with the girl screaming and shouting. Even little kids are on selling the products for their parents.

It’s just one huge pyramid scam.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:59 pm I hate the way these companies prey on developing countries sucking in naive, impressionable people with their mantra of 'become an entrepreneur, run your own business, resign from your job etc' and promises of untold riches. The video above says it all. An ex GF and her father got heavily involved with Amway in Thailand 30yrs ago. I could never understand how they were so devoted to the idea, yet, they never made any significant money let alone give up their day jobs. They seemed to spend so much time at these 'motivational' business conferences...it was almost cult like..and delivering products in crazy BKK traffic (the travel expenses at their personal cost of course).

Long time ago, I met a guy in Australia who said to me 'I'm running a business and could do with someone like you'. Later we met up to discuss 'the business opportunity'. After about 30 mins of his spiel about the 'process' to make money and adding my friends as 'distributors' and drawing nice little bubble pyramid pics, I kept asking: 'What is this business?' to which he would try to avoid. Eventually, I said 'Is this Amway?' and his reply was 'Yes, what have you heard about Amway?' :lol:
Your Thais got the business wrong; you don't move product, you recruit.
The company have tried to look reputable by using a company registered 11+ years ago. With these things, you want to get in when they start - top of the pyramid.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

If anyone is interested I’ve got some vag tightening cream. PM me.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:59 pm An ex GF and her father got heavily involved with Amway in Thailand 30yrs ago. I could never understand how they were so devoted to the idea, yet, they never made any significant money let alone give up their day jobs.

When in Indonesia, a lost friend from my wife recontacted her, to set up a friendly family meeting at my wife's home with her hubby and kids.

Then she arrived on due date, all excited and cheering bla bla bla, was bit surprised to discover me in my westerner condition, but nonetheless she kept gradually aiming the discussion about materialistic stuff, got this got that, how come you don't, goals in life and things that we deserve to have blablabla oh ok so what are you doing --> oh i sell products i love blablabla Herbalife since a few months...

Ok kids, go play outside, i popped this video and we took the time to translate it precisely (even the jokes) to her and her husband.

I explained them why they are banned from Europe, and what the catch is.

They left silent with a long face, shattered short-sight dreams, and we never heard again about the planned picnics and folllowing events planned in the heat of the meet.
Had to empty that garage for sure, surely took some time if so. Had to pay the credit of the brand-new shiny car to make believe in success.

Harsh ? nah, they made contact to at least have a good time showing- off a bit and eventually sell, so, mid- throttle we go.

Haha, schmucks, schmucks everywhere
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Are you a native English speaker GW. You’re virgin on pidgin English?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

mannanman wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:40 pm Are you a native English speaker GW. You’re virgin on pidgin English?
virgin
? Is that the name of your cream?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic