6 dead, including a 10-year old kid, in Plymouth shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: 6 dead, including a 10-year old kid, in Plymouth shooting

Post by Jerry Atrick »

What a thick looking cunt he is too
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:07 am OMG, was it 'TERRORISM' after all?

Incels: A new terror threat to the UK?

Why did Jake Davison kill five people in Plymouth? One of the key questions for investigators right now is what, if any, role his belief in "incel" culture played in his murderous decisions. The movement has been linked to serious violence around the world but, at the same time, experts in security and ideology say it would be wrong to call it a terror group. Incel is short for "involuntary celibate". People who define themselves as incel say they can't get a sex life despite the fact that they want to be in a relationship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58207064

Just how much of a sad desperate wanker do you have to be to admit you are involuntarily celibate, and then count yourself as part of a group of equally sad desperate wankers? It beggars belief.

The details are slowly emerging and the police are still flapping about and refusing to confirm what the media has found out already. I listened to a press conference with the D&C Chief Constable.

Here is an extract which sets out the course of events:

Mr Sawyer said: "Mr Davison then left that address, entered Biddick Drive where he immediately shot then killed a very young girl, he also shot and killed the male relative of that girl. This was a truly shocking event and was witnessed by members of the public.

"Further along Biddick Drive he aimed and shot at two local residents - a man and a woman - who received significant but we understand, at present, not life-threatening injuries."

He said they were being treated in hospital.

"From there, Mr Davison entered adjacent parkland where he immediately shot a man who died at the scene," Mr Sawyer said.
"Thereafter he moved to Henderson Place where he shot a woman."

The woman died in hospital later.

He added: "Eye witnesses told us Mr Davison then turned the gun upon himself, taking his own life,” confirming that he was deceased before any shots by police had been fired.

More here:
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-wo ... th-5783184
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

U.K. mass shooter talked about ‘incel,’ being rejected in bizarre YouTube video

The U.K. gunman who killed a 3-year-old child and four adults before turning the weapon on himself Thursday has been identified as a licensed gun owner who reportedly talked about his sexual failings and compared himself to “incels,” or involuntary celibates, in his final YouTube video.

The shooter, 22-year-old Jake Davison, appeared to use the name “Professor Waffle” in an account that has since been taken down for violating YouTube’s community guidelines. His final 11-minute video showed him whining about being “beaten down and defeated” by life, missing out on “teenage love” and getting “uglier” every year, according to multiple U.K. media reports.

Davison also referred to “people who are incels” — a fringe and misogynistic community of predominantly men who harbor anger toward women — saying they are “people similar to me, they’ve had nothing but themselves, and then they’ve socially had it tough.”

The incel movement gained prominence in 2014, when hate-filled college student Elliot Rodger killed six people and wounded more than two dozen others in a shooting and stabbing attack at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Rodger, who had vowed to “slaughter” women who rejected him, became known as an “incel hero” on misogynistic websites.

Full: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ ... story.html

Reference above to Elliot Rodger who similarly had mental/social issues, was bullied at school and went on a shooting spree.

Creepy guy who also posted a Youtube video..

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:17 pm Reference above to Elliot Rodger who similarly had mental/social issues, was bullied at school and went on a shooting spree.

He's good looking and come across as articulate and educated. The fact that he was still a virgin at 22 and was bullied in school means that everyone was probably aware of just how abnormal his personality was. I get that hindsight is a wonderful thing and that not every 'weird' person is planning mass murder, but I wonder if anyone could have done something beforehand to prevent him.

There has to be a degree of mental illness in anyone who does this sort of thing. A normal functioning adult doesn't consider carrying out this type of crime. I think I read somewhere that the father of the guy who carried out the UK Plymouth shooting yesterday had tried to get help for his sons mental illness.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that having a mental illness somehow excuses their actions, or that it's easy to spot who, out of the millions of people who suffer mental illness at some point in their lives, is likely to go on to commit mass murder like this, but one thing is clear - a person suffering mental illness who has easy access to guns is far, far, far more dangerous than a person suffering mental illness who doesn't.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xandreu wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:08 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:17 pm Reference above to Elliot Rodger who similarly had mental/social issues, was bullied at school and went on a shooting spree.

He's good looking and come across as articulate and educated. The fact that he was still a virgin at 22 and was bullied in school means that everyone was probably aware of just how abnormal his personality was. I get that hindsight is a wonderful thing and that not every 'weird' person is planning mass murder, but I wonder if anyone could have done something beforehand to prevent him.

There has to be a degree of mental illness in anyone who does this sort of thing. A normal functioning adult doesn't consider carrying out this type of crime. I think I read somewhere that the father of the guy who carried out the UK Plymouth shooting yesterday had tried to get help for his sons mental illness.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that having a mental illness somehow excuses their actions, or that it's easy to spot who, out of the millions of people who suffer mental illness at some point in their lives, is likely to go on to commit mass murder like this, but one thing is clear - a person suffering mental illness who has easy access to guns is far, far, far more dangerous than a person suffering mental illness who doesn't.
Almost half of adults suffer one form of mental illness or another during life (statistically)

Most of them don't go on murderous rampages. In fact, I doubt the majority even seek or receive treatment

I doubt this coward was out of his mind when he did what he did, the mad ones don't usually kill themselves. This ugly fucker acted on anger imo
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Elliott Rodger was a sad but interesting case. Rich kid, but total Omega Male. Frankly, I'm not too sympathetic towards these types.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

A sad state of affairs.

The opening headline just goes to show how badly the situation can be interpreted- bad reporting, bad listening and comprehension? A 10 year old kid turns out to be a 3 year old?

As for the issue of Incels- surely this is a mental health issue, not one of terrorism?
But in some quarters there might be some desire that it is labelled as terrorism as that might save, or at least limit the damage to some careers.
We should hope it doesn’t get labelled as such.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:58 pm A sad state of affairs.

The opening headline just goes to show how badly the situation can be interpreted- bad reporting, bad listening and comprehension? A 10 year old kid turns out to be a 3 year old?

As for the issue of Incels- surely this is a mental health issue, not one of terrorism?
But in some quarters there might be some desire that it is labelled as terrorism as that might save, or at least limit the damage to some careers.
I suspect there are many shades of grey with regard to this and not strictly black or white. Can it be categorised separately or does one lead to the other?

What stands out in my mind is that you have a person with certain mental health issues that has a lot of apparent similarity with Elliot Rodger (since known as an “incel hero” on misogynistic websites). Was he acting on his own state of mind and beliefs or following and acting out the particular incel mantra of Elliot Rodger..in effect being a 'copycat'?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:29 pm

I suspect there are many shades of grey with regard to this and not strictly black or white. Can it be categorised separately or does one lead to the other?

What stands out in my mind is that you have a person with certain mental health issues that has a lot of apparent similarity with Elliot Rodger (since known as an “incel hero” on misogynistic websites). Was he acting on his own state of mind and beliefs or following and acting out the particular incel mantra of Elliot Rodger..in effect being a 'copycat'?
The media are shaping the narrative and the Guardian have been very busy digging the dirt on this guy.

He is a: Misogynist, homophobe, Trump supporter and a UK Libertarian supporter. If he supported Brexit the Guardian will have a royal flush of everything they hate.

The 'Incel' issue and all the other personality defects are a smokescreen which suits the people who really have some questions to answer: The Devon and Cornwall Police.

They gave this man his licence. He then became involved in an altercation with some youths in 2020 which was so concerning to the police that they revoked his licence. And then they gave it back after a bullshit anger management course. Unforgiveable.

As the police are more than capable of tracking down and prosecuting people who insult a black footballer who can't take a penalty, they are more than capable of doing basic social media vetting. The Guardian had the goods on this guy within 24 hours of his name being released. It is obvious the police did not. Why is social media vetting not a requirement of all applications?

Had they asked a few questions from the people who knew him well, especially after revocation, they would have found out more than enough to justify keeping the revocation in force. The fact he had no friends and even his mother thought he was a c**t, is normally a very bad sign.

My bet is the Police did absolutely zero background checks beyond a CRO check, at both the initial application and the later re-issue of his licence, and once he went on the anger management course, that box was ticked and the computer spat out a new licence.

What happened at that anger management course? What did the anger management therapist have to say about Davidson? Did they sign him off as cured? What exactly did they say that convinced the police that all was well with Jake Davidson?

That fact he needed such a course should of been enough for permanent revocation. But, in UK society, everyone is crying about their mental health issues and must be empathised with and helped and supported and given a safe space, with a fucking 12 bore pump action shotgun.

The D&C Police are in big trouble here, so watch out for an enquiry that will take years so everyone can retire or move to another job.

That, in my view, is the real story.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:30 am
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:29 pm

The media are shaping the narrative and the Guardian have been very busy digging the dirt on this guy.

He is a: Misogynist, homophobe, Trump supporter and a UK Libertarian supporter. If he supported Brexit the Guardian will have a royal flush of everything they hate.

The 'Incel' issue and all the other personality defects are a smokescreen which suits the people who really have some questions to answer: The Devon and Cornwall Police.

They gave this man his licence. He then became involved in an altercation with some youths in 2020 which was so concerning to the police that they revoked his licence. And then they gave it back after a bullshit anger management course. Unforgiveable.

As the police are more than capable of tracking down and prosecuting people who insult a black footballer who can't take a penalty, they are more than capable of doing basic social media vetting. The Guardian had the goods on this guy within 24 hours of his name being released. It is obvious the police did not. Why is social media vetting not a requirement of all applications?

Had they asked a few questions from the people who knew him well, especially after revocation, they would have found out more than enough to justify keeping the revocation in force. The fact he had no friends and even his mother thought he was a c**t, is normally a very bad sign.

My bet is the Police did absolutely zero background checks beyond a CRO check, at both the initial application and the later re-issue of his licence, and once he went on the anger management course, that box was ticked and the computer spat out a new licence.

What happened at that anger management course? What did the anger management therapist have to say about Davidson? Did they sign him off as cured? What exactly did they say that convinced the police that all was well with Jake Davidson?

That fact he needed such a course should of been enough for permanent revocation. But, in UK society, everyone is crying about their mental health issues and must be empathised with and helped and supported and given a safe space, with a fucking 12 bore pump action shotgun.

The D&C Police are in big trouble here, so watch out for an enquiry that will take years so everyone can retire or move to another job.

That, in my view, is the real story.
"Police feared invading incel gunman's PRIVACY: Officers 'did not check his social media history' before handing back shotgun ahead of Plymouth rampage that left six dead"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... oy-16.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic