DIY Electrician Gets Electrocuted

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

DIY Electrician Gets Electrocuted

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 9:40 pm on August 8, 2021, a 50-year-old self-taught electrician whose name's Hou, was electrocuted in Porsenchey, and then fell to his death into a water tank on the ground floor of a neighbor's house where he was hired to set up the electrical wiring.

According to the victim's family, the victim was found unconscious and pale. So, they decide to cover the victim's body with sand for an hour in an attempt to revive him before taking him to the Lok Song Hospital.
Unfortunately, he was already dead before arriving at the hospital. The victim was taken back home and his death was reported to the authorities for his death and funeral.
ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: DIY Electrican Gets Electrocuted

Post by ItWasntMe »

I'm not a doctor by any means so can someone please explain to me how the whole "revival by sand castle" works?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: DIY Electrician Gets Electrocuted

Post by ItWasntMe »

Should have known it was a Cambodian thing lol, indeed they have some interesting ideas in these parts.
Doctors warn that Cambodians should stop burying sand when an arm or leg is electrocuted. May slow down the healing process and may lead to amputation of the arm or leg for the safety of the patient.
[ No cne links please. Mod edit to original source: https://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/950171.html
See article below.]
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:28 am I'm not a doctor by any means so can someone please explain to me how the whole "revival by sand castle" works?
post371587.html#p371587
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: DIY Electrician Gets Electrocuted

Post by xandreu »

Burying electrified victims in sand? This story would be just at as much at home in the Khmer logic thread.

RIP to the guy.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:28 am I'm not a doctor by any means so can someone please explain to me how the whole "revival by sand castle" works?
It is an effective way to "earth" an electrocution victim, especially if you do it for an hour after they suffer cardiac arrest. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic