Orthopedic assistance needed

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Orthopedic assistance needed

Post by Kammekor »

HappyChappy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:44 am
Gazzy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:15 pm Has he even had an x-ray? Surely the first course of action, no?
Okay I think I just found out that an x-ray isn't just for broken bones and can identify tissue damage. Anyone know a cheap place I can get an X-ray or ultrasound?
Aurore clinic does both at fair prices, just off Sihanouk Blvd.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:41 am
HappyChappy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:44 am
Gazzy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:15 pm Has he even had an x-ray? Surely the first course of action, no?
Okay I think I just found out that an x-ray isn't just for broken bones and can identify tissue damage. Anyone know a cheap place I can get an X-ray or ultrasound?
I got sent for an Xray on my first visit to Phnom Penh Physiotherapy (PPP). It was a maternity clinic (ultrasound) and out the back they had an Xray machine. It was my first brush with Khmer medical costs and had no idea what I was in for. The total cost was under $30 and I was in and out in under an hour. I was astonished. It was a long time ago, and cannot remember exactly where it was, and it may be a very long way from you.

Here is a plan. Call PPP and ask them where they refer you to, and give them your location.

I bet there is an X-ray machine within 10 minutes from where you live and you could walk in, without an appointment, and out again within 60 minutes with your images under your arm and all for under $40.

As for ultrasound, they are everywhere, all the maternity and Cardio clinics have them. But while they will know how to look at a foetus or an aortic valve, they might not be able to tell you much about a torn ligament. I think you need a scan for that and someone capable of interpretation of the results.

All this really ought to be undertaken with your physio examining you and advising you. Diagnosis is one thing, rehabilitation is another.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 9126860135

Is this the place?? Thing is, judging by your profile pic you're probably old (and racist), how long ago did you go to this magical sounding place??

Thing is, the moto...... absolutely fine, no idea how but I can drive it still so if it's not near by I'm happy to travel.

Maybe happy to travel is a strong word but I stand by my username and refuse to be a jaded miserable expat just yet.....no offense bossho.
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

Hey @HappyChappy do you want to provide a reason for your reply to @DOC67 who seems to have only given you good and relevant advice to your initial query as have the rest of the members on CEO.
"judging by your profile pic you're probably old (and racist)" - directed at @DOC67? Genuine question.
" refuse to be a jaded miserable expat just yet" - Perhaps not but again who are you referring to? All of the CEO members who took the time to give you assistance in some form or another on your request?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kahuna wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:03 pm Hey @HappyChappy do you want to provide a reason for your reply to @DOC67 who seems to have only given you good and relevant advice to your initial query as have the rest of the members on CEO.
"judging by your profile pic you're probably old (and racist)" - directed at @DOC67? Genuine question.
" refuse to be a jaded miserable expat just yet" - Perhaps not but again who are you referring to? All of the CEO members who took the time to give you assistance in some form or another on your request?
I want to know too, I think it's a misquote.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

Kahuna wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:03 pm Hey @HappyChappy do you want to provide a reason for your reply to @DOC67 who seems to have only given you good and relevant advice to your initial query as have the rest of the members on CEO.
Ah I'm English some of us chose to take the piss put of our palls, @Doc67 being one of them based on the amount of advise he's given me so far.

The old and racist bit was a "tongue and cheek" comment made because I don't know the name of the man in the picture but it's a character from a tv show my old man used to watch when I was a kid, he was a no nonsense talker in a time before the world became a bit more politically correct. @Doc67 if you could clarify the blokes name you'd be doing me a favor because it's been bugging me. Also, genuine question, the link I sent is the place you're talking about am I right??

All light hearted piss taking no harm intended.

Actually hang on the old and jaded one I stand by (while also not giving a huge bollocks) any grammar and spelling police on here need cheering right up, I'm not writing a dissertation ffs.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

Tell ya what, side note. I'm also on drugs basically due to the painkillers I'm on, so my tact and usual gentlemanly demeanor is slightly blurry 😫😫
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alf Garnet is the avatar.

The link you posted is the place. Dutch owner and most of the staff and all qualified. That's what is important. You don't want anyone else poking and prodding you where it hurts.

And I'm not a racist, some of my best friends are from Wales.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

hippydaffy, you got to be from up North or something man, the grammar and spelling selections you consistently make alter your intention ( albeit I am guessing at your angle most of the time) I've yet to meet you or anyone from the UK who spreads their own home cooked English language usage around with the kind of license you have.

I am a racist however, I observe and tally the differences that other races exhibit. I also note gender differences and change my routine to accommodate chicks. I rely on gross generalizations and stereotyping to make it through social interactions.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic