You can actually order McDonald's from Thailand delivered to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: You can actually order McDonald's from Thailand delivered to Cambodia

Post by Grand Barong »

FOJ wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:45 pm It's like the Camboquick of fast food apparently.

For example, you can pay $6.60 for an order of McDonald's fries, get them delivered to Cambodia, and then heat them up in a microwave.

https://www.khmernights.com/how-do-you- ... kp79W-djzc
Could catch on in 172st? Junkfood for Junkies... :stir:

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The Vine on 172 does very tasty burgers. They even have a Big Mac which uses a similar sauce to the real ones but has a lot more substance.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:46 pm If you are in Cambodia eating MacDonalds you are in America
If you are in Australia, Timbuktu or the North Pole eating MacDonalds you are in America.
That's how i have always felt anyway. really.
I don't see your point here Sir please flesh this old thought of yours out for me.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

bossho wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:35 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:46 pm If you are in Cambodia eating MacDonalds you are in America
If you are in Australia, Timbuktu or the North Pole eating MacDonalds you are in America.
I don't see your point here Sir please flesh this old thought of yours out for me.
Moral bankrupcy.
Only a supertramp would have an American breakfast in Cambodia.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I endorse The Vine.
They are now in TTP.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’ll bite. McDonald’s is designed to taste the same worldwide. The one in a far away exotic place tastes the same as the one at home.

When a world weary traveler simply wants a taste of home and is sick of exotic, McDonald’s hits the spot.

However day old (or more) unrefrigerated burgers, fries, and shakes delivered from a foreign country seems just unappetizing, no matter the restaurant.

Not to mention unhygienic.

Be safe everyone!
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:36 pm
Moral bankrupcy.
what about the english breakfast in Cambodia? seems to be very popular with the "locals"
work is for people who cant find truffles
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:54 pm I’ll bite. McDonald’s is designed to taste the same worldwide. The one in a far away exotic place tastes the same as the one at home.

When a world weary traveler simply wants a taste of home and is sick of exotic, McDonald’s hits the spot.

However day old (or more) unrefrigerated burgers, fries, and shakes delivered from a foreign country seems just unappetizing, no matter the restaurant.

Not to mention unhygienic.

Be safe everyone!
There are some foods that can be reheated. However
fast food like Burger King or Carl's Jr only tastes good for a very short time. It turns into gunk as soon as it gets cool.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

truffledog wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:44 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:36 pm
Moral bankrupcy.
what about the english breakfast in Cambodia? seems to be very popular with the "locals"
I don't know any English breakfast franchise, in Cambodia or elsewhere.
It wouldn't be worse than the oily burgers from the greased creepy clown though.
Also, i don't think UK bombed the shit out of Kow, so, morally speaking, clean enough to me.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

So now we must consider the morality of past wars before ordering breakfast or a burger? Fuck off.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic