New York City restaurant unveils $200 french fries

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: New York City restaurant unveils $200 french fries

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Uncle-V wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:56 pm my problem is with the rich people that get their kicks engaging in this kind of behavior and what it says about the values of contemporary society and its obsession with conspicuous consumption over other (more noble, fulfilling) ways to gain status and prestige.

And I am no sob sister pinko liberal. I find leftwing virtual signaling to be just as repulsive.
Maybe they will feel empty after a gallon of gold ice cream and seek other, more fulfilling ways to wax their cash, doubt it though; they will probably be pretty full 8)
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New York City restaurant unveils $200 french fries

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Uncle-V wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:56 pm Thanks for the history lesson. But I don't think I've seen references to people eating it in more recent eras (even by the most ostentatiously rich). No point except to show off. It has no nutritional value and is tasteless (pun intended). Given where the world is now I think this is just a new low for humanity.
my problem is with the rich people that get their kicks engaging in this kind of behavior and what it says about the values of contemporary society and its obsession with conspicuous consumption over other (more noble, fulfilling) ways to gain status and prestige.

And I am no sob sister pinko liberal. I find leftwing virtual signaling to be just as repulsive.
At least you're not one of those holier-than-thou sanctimonious, Mr Bucket, types who criticize the gaudy affluent, who don't affect them with anything other than jealousy.
Then there's the snivel libertarians; those lazy lefties wanting handouts, proclaiming a female future and their social views. And don't get me started on everyone else who disagrees with my backward conservatism. We gonna milkshake, God-damn clodhoppers!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic