Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

At the moment the NHS app and paper certificate only shows the 2 jabs, nothing yet if you have had a booster. My second jab was in April and my booster a couple of weeks ago. ?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Heard not in a bar but in an elite conversation in PP. Quarantine for vaxxed pax will be gone by the end of this month.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Lets cross fingers for that, thats in 19 days !! I am preparring my bags already !!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:34 pm Heard not in a bar but in an elite conversation in PP. Quarantine for vaxxed pax will be gone by the end of this month.
Whispers of this amongst the DoI also :wink:
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:34 pm an elite conversation
:tophat:
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:42 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:36 pm countries may start demanding that your vaccination is no more than 6 or 9 months old,
The time frame of “no more than 9 months” seems unlikely given the booster is only recommended for after 6 months, leaving the world’s travellers with pretty narrow windows to get theirs done. My unscientific hunch is it’ll be closer to 2+ years.

Don’t forget, a 40% reduction in the measured count of neutralising antibodies in 6 months is not the same as 40% reduction in effectiveness, neither does it imply a 100% reduction over 18 months.

Edit: looks like I’m wrong, Croatia have set a limit of 1 year… not sure how popular that’ll be
It wouldn't surprise me. Once some of our genius politicians figures out the vaccines and natural immunity only work for 6 months and slightly longer. They'll start demanding booster shots for the rest of the population forever.

Which is something I actually support. But only for people in risk groups and mainly for people that are 50+ years of age. Because those are the people that benefit from vaccines. But who cares about scientific data? Just vaccinate everybody. Kids included. And why stop there? Why not vaccinate toddlers and babies while we're at it.

None of this makes any sense. They should open up already. Cambodia has done a great job at vaccinating the population. They should pad themselves on the back and open up the country. Yet they don't.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

donner-kruger wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:19 am
nerdlinger wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:42 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:36 pm countries may start demanding that your vaccination is no more than 6 or 9 months old,
The time frame of “no more than 9 months” seems unlikely given the booster is only recommended for after 6 months, leaving the world’s travellers with pretty narrow windows to get theirs done. My unscientific hunch is it’ll be closer to 2+ years.

Don’t forget, a 40% reduction in the measured count of neutralising antibodies in 6 months is not the same as 40% reduction in effectiveness, neither does it imply a 100% reduction over 18 months.

Edit: looks like I’m wrong, Croatia have set a limit of 1 year… not sure how popular that’ll be
It wouldn't surprise me. Once some of our genius politicians figures out the vaccines and natural immunity only work for 6 months and slightly longer. They'll start demanding booster shots for the rest of the population forever.

Which is something I actually support. But only for people in risk groups and mainly for people that are 50+ years of age. Because those are the people that benefit from vaccines. But who cares about scientific data? Just vaccinate everybody. Kids included. And why stop there? Why not vaccinate toddlers and babies while we're at it.

None of this makes any sense. They should open up already. Cambodia has done a great job at vaccinating the population. They should pad themselves on the back and open up the country. Yet they don't.
Don't forget to vaccinate those pet parrakeets!
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

paul2d wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:35 am
Don't forget to vaccinate those pet parrakeets!
They'll end up vaccinatin' the bloody virus. :plus1:
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:54 pm Lets cross fingers for that, thats in 19 days !! I am preparring my bags already !!

:) hopefully be even easier by Jan

Haha
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Maybe quarantine free arrival from tomorrow for vaccinated travellers according to the PM...

http://m.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/en ... 27-32.html

Still waiting to see an official written announcement/directive though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic