Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Happy2 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:03 am

This is what I get when I follow the link
Looks like your account was flagged as a spammer and blocked, send me a PM here.
Happy2
Tourist
St Lucia

Post by Happy2 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:04 pm
Happy2 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:03 am

This is what I get when I follow the link
Looks like your account was flagged as a spammer and blocked, send me a PM here.
Pmed. Thanks for the help!
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

nerdlinger wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:20 pm
donner-kruger wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:04 pmvaccinating the general population is pointless.
Christ, first the White Helmets conspiracy theory nonsense and now this. Did you literally just come to this forum to repeat utter unscientific bollocks you see on fringe blogs?
No, I'm not a terrorist supporter. I believe in science. We already have the date. Vaccines are great for preventing hospitalizations a deaths in risk groups. They are not so great to prevent the spread. Hence, why after a few months (6-12), people who are vaccinated will lose their immunity against the virus. Which means, unless you give the whole population booster shots every, let's say 6 months, they will contract it again.

And like I mentioned, we have a very good understanding of what people die from the virus. Hence why I said we should vaccinate those people and give those people booster shots. Not the general population and especially not kids.

You seem to think we live in this black and white world. Either you are an anti-vaxxer or you are a die hard vaxxer proponent. Like there couldn't be something in the middle based on science and data.
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:40 pm
GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:52 pm Hi
I'm planning on coming to Cambodia soon on a Tr visa

I'm coming from Thailand will I need that Yellow passport style certificate or Vaccination or will my certificate of Vaccination from the hospital be OK to travel? Thanks
The official certificate of Vaccination is all that's required, I have seen the pictures you posted elsewhere and it meets the minimum requirements as per the MoH's SOP on entry requirements.

P.S. no such thing as a Tr Visa, the 2 options for a Tourist Visa are

1. T-type (Tourist) Visa:
Must be applied for in advance from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate as Visas in Arrival currently remain suspended.

2. e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa):
Must be applied for from the official e-Visa website, evisa.gov.kh
So with the vaccination it would still require a 7 days quarantine right? The scheme of allowing people coming from Thailand is not yet in effect, correct?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@donner-kruger, yes, if fully vaccinated then 7 days quarantine...hopefully this will be reduced to 3 days soon :wink:

There is no quarantine free arrival from Thailand, the 2 media articles which reported that as if it were an official policy did so based on a statement made by the PM, which was quickly refuted by the MoH.

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/ca ... es-vandine

With regards to the whole "Sandbox" scheme, details are still as clear as mud.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:31 am @donner-kruger, yes, if fully vaccinated then 7 days quarantine...hopefully this will be reduced to 3 days soon :wink:

There is no quarantine free arrival from Thailand, the 2 media articles which reported that as if it were an official policy did so based on a statement made by the PM, which was quickly refuted by the MoH.

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/ca ... es-vandine

With regards to the whole "Sandbox" scheme, details are still as clear as mud.
Is it true that you need to show your vaccination card at PP airport to be allowed to enter the building, check-in and fly?

I heard it in the bar (some anti-vaxxer we know had to get back to the US in a hurry and had to get jabbed up to fly). I said it was a bit odd because if they allow you in unvaccinated how can they insist you are vaccinated in order to leave? I said it was b***ocks, but wanted to be sure.

And another thing, how long before they start insisting all arriving passengers are vaccinated, especially when quarantine is abandoned and the hotels are stood down and return to normal. i.e. 75% empty.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Unvaccinated people have a high chance of being marooned at some point in their travels.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nemo wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:18 pm Unvaccinated people have a high chance of being marooned at some point in their travels.
Many countries now have vaccination as a prerequisite of entry but do not specify how recent your vaccination beyond 14 days. The often mention the "final dose of the course must be no less than 14 days prior to arrival" or words to that effect. But they are silent, so far, on the issue of overall time elapsed since the course was completed.

As booster shots are being rolled out globally and there is no imminent prospect of a perfect vaccine that prevents infections, at some point countries may start demanding that your vaccination is no more than 6 or 9 months old, unless boosted. This is where you could get marooned; if you arrive and stay a few months, don't bother to get a booster and find out the hard way that leaving is not possible until you do get your shit together.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:08 pm
Is it true that you need to show your vaccination card at PP airport to be allowed to enter the building, check-in and fly?

I heard it in the bar
You have your answer right there...don't believe Blokes in the pub :D
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:36 pm countries may start demanding that your vaccination is no more than 6 or 9 months old,
The time frame of “no more than 9 months” seems unlikely given the booster is only recommended for after 6 months, leaving the world’s travellers with pretty narrow windows to get theirs done. My unscientific hunch is it’ll be closer to 2+ years.

Don’t forget, a 40% reduction in the measured count of neutralising antibodies in 6 months is not the same as 40% reduction in effectiveness, neither does it imply a 100% reduction over 18 months.

Edit: looks like I’m wrong, Croatia have set a limit of 1 year… not sure how popular that’ll be
Last edited by nerdlinger on Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic