Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Post by Little_Vicious »

Multipox wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:04 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:13 am ....
Cambodia's Phnom Penh capital has become the city having the highest ratio of COVID1-19 vaccination in Southeast Asia, enabling the Ministry of Tourism and relevant agencies to design a plan to reopen the country’s borders for fully vaccinated international tourists.....
right, fully vaccinated
with vaccinations that evidence is showing don't work, which is why they have to keep cranking out "booster" shots every 6 months
and - ta da - vaccines that kill more people than covid.
Vaccines that kill more people than covid? May I ask what data that statement is based on?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

by Multipox » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:04 am

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: ↑Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:13 am
Cambodia's Phnom Penh capital has become the city having the highest ratio of COVID1-19 vaccination in Southeast Asia, enabling the Ministry of Tourism and relevant agencies to design a plan to reopen the country’s borders for fully vaccinated international tourists.....
right, fully vaccinated
with vaccinations that evidence is showing don't work, which is why they have to keep cranking out "booster" shots every 6 months
and - ta da - vaccines that kill more people than covid.
Ignorant nonsense consistent with this poster's usual genius level analysis.
How efficacious is the vaccine?
A large phase 3 trial in Brazil showed that two doses, administered at an interval of 14 days, had an efficacy of 51% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection, 100% against severe COVID-19, and 100% against hospitalization starting 14 days after receiving the second dose.

Does it work against new variants of SARS-CoV-2 virus?
In an observational study, the estimated effectiveness of Sinovac-CoronaVac in health workers in Manaus, Brazil, where P.1 accounted for 75% of SARS-CoV-2 samples was 49.6% against symptomatic infection (4). Effectiveness has also been shown in an observational study in Sao Paulo in the presence of P1 circulation (83% of samples).

Assessments in settings where the P.2 Variant of Concern was widely circulating – also in Brazil - estimated vaccine effectiveness of 49.6% following at least one dose and demonstrated 50.7% two weeks after the second dose. As new data becomes available, WHO will update recommendations accordingly.

SAGE currently recommends using this vaccine, according to the WHO Prioritization Roadmap.
https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-s ... ed-to-know
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Thailand in travel bubble talks with Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos
By Suchat Sritama
Posted on 13 October, 2021 18:47

Thailand is currently in talks with Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos to set up two-way travel bubbles in a bid to revive intra-regional travel.

Minister of tourism and sports Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said that many international tourists are keen to visit places outside of the designated Sandbox areas, but are deterred by prevailing quarantine requirements.
Thailand’s tourism ministry plans to establish travel bubbles this year

As such, the tourism ministry together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Public Health are seeking to establishment travel bubble arrangements with regional countries.

As a first step, the Thai government is negotiating with Cambodia to reopen Trat province in eastern Thailand and Cambodia’s Koh Kong island. The deal is expected to be finalised within the final quarter of this year.

Authorities are also in discussion to link Malaysia’s Langkawi Island with Koh Lipe Island in southern Thailand. Negotiations are also underway between Thailand and Laos for a similar arrangement.
https://www.ttgasia.com/2021/10/13/thai ... -and-laos/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:01 am Thailand in travel bubble talks with Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos
By Suchat Sritama
Posted on 13 October, 2021 18:47

Thailand is currently in talks with Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos to set up two-way travel bubbles in a bid to revive intra-regional travel.

Minister of tourism and sports Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said that many international tourists are keen to visit places outside of the designated Sandbox areas, but are deterred by prevailing quarantine requirements.
Thailand’s tourism ministry plans to establish travel bubbles this year

As such, the tourism ministry together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Public Health are seeking to establishment travel bubble arrangements with regional countries.

As a first step, the Thai government is negotiating with Cambodia to reopen Trat province in eastern Thailand and Cambodia’s Koh Kong island. The deal is expected to be finalised within the final quarter of this year.

Authorities are also in discussion to link Malaysia’s Langkawi Island with Koh Lipe Island in southern Thailand. Negotiations are also underway between Thailand and Laos for a similar arrangement.
https://www.ttgasia.com/2021/10/13/thai ... -and-laos/
Good luck to Thailand and Laos. Thailand is only 33% double vaxxed, and Laos 28%.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

New (to me) unspoken rule in Cambodia. No testing. If you feel sick, stay home and take Chinese medicine.

If you really want to know, pay for testing yourself.

New normal is living with the virus.

Makes me think the country will open up soon.

Just my opinions.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Little_Vicious wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:40 am ....

Vaccines that kill more people than covid? May I ask what data that statement is based on?
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2021/1 ... inst-them/

there's more
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Your source is the blog of some random antivax wacko with no medical qualifications and who seems to regard The Epoch Times as a reliable source of information.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

Well, Pox. There is a difference between immune system and immunity. That said I am sure you know this but chose to ignore it (I sure hope so). Claims by this piece of "medical literature" that people's immune systems are fading away to the point of AIDS is utter nonsense. The IMMUNITY from their jabs is fading, yes. That is something we can (almost) all agree on. If the previous were true, half of countries like Canada or the UK with 80 plus percent of their population fully vaxxed would have half their entire population either sick or dying from something, anything. Last I heard that is not the case. You OTOH probably have "data" that shows this to be true!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

johnny lightning wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:00 am Well, Pox. There is a difference between immune system and immunity. That said I am sure you know this but chose to ignore it (I sure hope so). Claims by this piece of "medical literature" that people's immune systems are fading away to the point of AIDS is utter nonsense. The IMMUNITY from their jabs is fading, yes. That is something we can (almost) all agree on. If the previous were true, half of countries like Canada or the UK with 80 plus percent of their population fully vaxxed would have half their entire population either sick or dying from something, anything. Last I heard that is not the case. You OTOH probably have "data" that shows this to be true!
I’m double-vaxxed. I currently have COVID-19. I’m not dying PMSL

More to the point, and trying desperately to drag this topic back on subject, I will be watching developments closely so that I can get my tourist ass back to Cambodia ASAP if, of course, Cambodia does indeed reopen to tourists.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:51 am Your source is the blog of some random antivax wacko with no medical qualifications and who seems to regard The Epoch Times as a reliable source of information.
but paul craig roberts is not a random wacko
and btw, I see you responded too soon to have researched the screenshot assertions

here's another to satisfy your thirst for learning, although your fingers may get tired of typing the words, random and wacko:

New Study Finds No Relationship Between Vax And COVID Cases, Infection Rate May Be Higher For Vaxxed

https://freeworldnews.tv/watch?id=61707 ... 09eed04060
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic