Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Post by nerdlinger »

I think people overstate the “vaccine doesn’t stop you spreading it”, often egged on by anti-vax propoganda. Yes it’s possible to still spread it, and yes it has happened, but the chances of doing so are hugely reduced by the vaccine. Combine this with testing before and on landing and a Day 3 test and the chances of something getting through become pretty small.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:50 pm I think people overstate the “vaccine doesn’t stop you spreading it”, often egged on by anti-vax propoganda. Yes it’s possible to still spread it, and yes it has happened, but the chances of doing so are hugely reduced by the vaccine. Combine this with testing before and on landing and a Day 3 test and the chances of something getting through become pretty small.
In this post: post512509.html#p512509
I quoted 3 recent studies from the US that show, on average, the vaccines there reduce transmission of infection by 50% and they were done since Delta FWIW.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:21 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:50 pm I think people overstate the “vaccine doesn’t stop you spreading it”, often egged on by anti-vax propoganda. Yes it’s possible to still spread it, and yes it has happened, but the chances of doing so are hugely reduced by the vaccine. Combine this with testing before and on landing and a Day 3 test and the chances of something getting through become pretty small.
I quoted 3 recent studies from the US that show, on average, the vaccines there reduce transmission of infection by 50% and they were done since Delta FWIW.
You’ve misread an important detail in that article, specifically that it’s 50% of people who got a breakthrough infection. You still need to multiply that out with the efficacy of the vaccine itself - so for the mRNA jabs we’re talking something like 50% of 5-8%. And even those are mostly going to be filtered out with PCR testing.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

In other news, Cambodia has overtaken the UK on vaccines as well as the US and EU.

Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Can't see November happening with 800+ cases today.

For me Thailand looks like a more realistic option, with Cambodia as a possible bolt on depending on how things go.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Winniethepooh wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:20 pm The younger generation of chinese know nut about the Tiananmen Massace. They are being smoked out by the chinese propaganda right from their first day at school. Such people are in fact very pitiful. Ask the chinese to do that in their own cities in China, they would probably be sent to detection and tortured.
My fault here, off topic I was, let's make a new topic in the ass hat section where we can chronicle the conjecture of many that wish to detail the stories of lower case "nut know"chinese that prattle on about this Massace (winnie's spelling bee honey?) being sent to detection and then tortured...is that like getting sent to detective school? where they torture cadets into being better detectives?

The fascinating thing about Tiananmen is that the older generation don't seem to care as much as CNN does. Any responders please start a thread in the ass hat category.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

the chance of something getting through becomes pretty small

"Something" is already here.

Hundreds of new infections per day, thousands currently infected, and all by way of testing. It's in the 10's of thousands in reality, and probably much more. The milk is spilt. Delta is here. Game over.

Quarantine is futile now. Last year, quarantine afforded some protection to the economy but since February the restrictions have done a lot of economic damage. It currently serves only a very small pool of very rich hotel owners to the detriment of the economy as a whole. This is what endemic corruption and cronyism leads to.

@nerdlinger (I'm not picking an argument with you, I like your posts. I'm just trying to highlight the pointlessness of the whole quarantine racket.)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:41 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:21 pm
You’ve misread an important detail in that article, specifically that it’s 50% of people who got a breakthrough infection. You still need to multiply that out with the efficacy of the vaccine itself - so for the mRNA jabs we’re talking something like 50% of 5-8%. And even those are mostly going to be filtered out with PCR testing.
I've answered on the original topic so as not to derail this one.
post513984.html#p513984
Pedrazo
Expatriate

Post by Pedrazo »

Shouldn't be long now until something official is announced.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50942787/c ... -c9YNZja4g
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Pedrazo wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:30 am Shouldn't be long now until something official is announced.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50942787/c ... -c9YNZja4g
the foundations to reopen economic and social activities step by step in a ‘new normal’.

“These factors, with ‘new normal’ adoption adhering to health preventive measures against Covid-19 spread, will boost Cambodia to reopen step by step activities of domestic tourism and international tourism, prioritising public health,” Mr HE said.

'Old normal' is a very long way off.

In the meantime, get ready for a fudge of reduced/partial quarantine and other tedious and pointless requirements, all of which will cost you dearly in financial and mental heath.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic