Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Re: Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Post by Gazzy »

Often wonder what Chinese and Korean package tourists see in Cambodia. SR I get, but PP? Or is it purely Naga?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:08 pm I am pretty sure some high ranked khmer are looking how much money is coming into thailand with their sandbox-programme, and get horny and get dollar-eyes !!
Then they'd be fooling themselves. Saw figures the last two days that "tourists" to Phuket have spent 800 million baht/US$25 million (which I do not believe) during July. There were 14,000 tourists over the first month. So that's 57,000 baht each or US$1,800 for the month. Not much left for fruit and pad krapow vendors after hotel/medical expenses. Certainly nothing for bars/pubs/karaokes since they're all shut down.

And just for a laugh, Phuket has stranded all the Sandboxers after suddenly banning ALL flights to/from Phuket last night. Or you can take a 16 hour bus ride for 1500 baht (almost double a flight fare) to locked down Bangkok, just in time for curfew while you wait for the homeward bound flight. What a great holiday experience.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

In my eyes they canceleld the domestic flights to and from phuket, not the international-ones !! And the sandboxers all came directly to Phuket without transiting in BKK !!
I will keep you informed, because i will fly in overthere next week !!
Owen
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by Owen »

Requiring the pre-booked package tour is like the old, pre-covid tourist visa approach of Iran, Bhutan etc
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia delays welcoming tourists by a year
Authorities prioritize public health and safety after detection of the deadly Delta variant of the coronavirus
Luke Hunt, Phnom Penh
Published: August 04, 2021 08:48 AM GMT ▾

The Cambodian government has delayed reopening the country to foreign tourists by a year as the Covid-19 pandemic continues to weigh on the minds of authorities amid lockdowns, curfews and the closure of eight provinces.

“The strategic plan is aimed at fully reopening the international tourism sector in the fourth quarter of 2022 — standing on the principles of keeping a balance between social-economic activities and ensuring safety and public health for people, tourists and all travelers,” the Tourism Ministry said.

A meeting of stakeholders, chaired by Tourism Minister Thong Khon, tasked with managing a roadmap for revising tourism, a key sector of the pre-Covid economy, decided only vaccinated tourists will be welcomed through tourism packages organized by licensed operators.

Low infection rates during the first year of the pandemic and a speedy rollout of its vaccination program had raised expectations that the tourism sector would reopen by the end of this year.

But that outlook changed after detection of the deadly, highly contagious and virulent Delta variant of the coronavirus, which has also ravaged neighboring Thailand and Vietnam.

Cambodia is due to hold the Southeast Asian Games for the first time in May 2023. A new national stadium with a capacity of 60,000 people, an aquatic centre and an indoor sports center are coming up in Phnom Penh.
https://www.ucanews.com/news/cambodia-d ... year/93579#
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:45 pm In my eyes they cancelled the domestic flights to and from phuket, not the international-ones !! And the sandboxers all came directly to Phuket without transiting in BKK !!
I will keep you informed, because i will fly in overthere next week !!
exactly, they cancelled all Domestic flights and they closed the land and sea borders, cause the cases were getting out of hand and with less than 40 infected people arriving from overseas directly, they had to have come across the bridge.
all international arrivals are tested on arrival and although ONLY those domestic arrivals that were vaccinated or have had a negative covid test within 7 days were allowed in, the police were NOT checking at the bridge!!

To make Phuket more enticing for new arrivals , all alcohol is banned to be served, even in Restaurants, for the next 2 weeks or longer

PS: Phuket to Bangkok is seldom more than 12 hours
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:26 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:54 am As of earlier this year, the UK and Mexico were the only two countries in the world that did nothing. Now the UK is much tighter but Mexico still remains easy to get in. I can't wait to return.
Return trip to MEX from London for $850, direct flights on a BA Dreamliner, social distancing in economy. What's not to like?
Add a further £2285 for hotel quarantine!

The FCO just put Mexico on the Red List from Sunday 8th August :D
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:36 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:26 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:54 am As of earlier this year, the UK and Mexico were the only two countries in the world that did nothing. Now the UK is much tighter but Mexico still remains easy to get in. I can't wait to return.
Return trip to MEX from London for $850, direct flights on a BA Dreamliner, social distancing in economy. What's not to like?
Add a further £2285 for hotel quarantine!

The FCO just put Mexico on the Red List from Sunday 8th August :D
And India has moved from red to amber!
Really?!?!?!

India “Will move to the amber list 4am, Sunday 8 August. If you arrive in England before then, you must follow the red list rules.”
People of the world, spice up your life.
RLD
Tourist
Denmark

Post by RLD »

Q4 2022 was a mistake originally posted by Khmer Times. It was supposed to be Q4 2021, but this will now maybe be postponed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic