Foreigner (known as 'Blue') Accused of Stabbing at Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Foreigner (known as 'Blue') Accused of Stabbing at Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

Post by mannanman »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:42 am
techietraveller84 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 am Is it common to come across foreigners in Cambodia who go by a nickname like this guy? "Blue" makes it seem he's a musician or some sort of entertainer.
Everyone has a nickname! When you know a million guys called Dave, you have to be able to distinguish between then. I know Navy Dave, Accountant Dave, Fat Dave, Big Fat Dave, Sailor Dave, Asshole Dave, Barman Dave and so it goes on.
I think I know sailor dave and definitely asshole dave!
Blue is an ozzy name. I know of two.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner (known as 'Blue') Accused of Stabbing at Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

Post by Stiliko »

Please fill in the following blanks if you can:

1. who was stabbed?
2. his current condition?
3. cause and/or description of the fight?
4. any comment from the Khmerican owner of Hometown Hangout?
5. other relevant details.

Simple journalism it is. :dragonchase:
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

FOJ
Expatriate

Post by FOJ »

Stiliko wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:09 am Please fill in the following blanks if you can:

1. who was stabbed?

Friend of the unidentified stabbee said in a Facebook comment that the stabbee "Was in the hospital last night and got stitched up"
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Stiliko wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:09 am Please fill in the following blanks if you can:

1. who was stabbed?

Chai doesn't own hometown anymore. I believe it's a white guy named Norman, chai will occasionally work some weekends though. Both him and the long haired guy from lost and found are swell guys
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

BillDoe wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:15 am Hangout with teflers once and you'll be smoking ice and stabbing people in hipster bars
what's a tefler?
annejanes
Expatriate

Post by annejanes »

Here's what happens. He will be arrested. He will be jailed for 6 months until he gets a trial. His evidence won't be heard. He will be assumed guilty. He may be able to buy his way out or buy bail. Maybe he deserves it but do you really want to get involved with a bunch of corrupt scammers who's only intetest will be getting money from you when the realize you are a barang as well? My advice is to avoid the police, it will be very expensive and there won't be a fair trial. Find a way to get justice instead.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

annejanes wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:51 pm Here's what happens. He will be arrested. He will be jailed for 6 months until he gets a trial. His evidence won't be heard. He will be assumed guilty. He may be able to buy his way out or buy bail. Maybe he deserves it but do you really want to get involved with a bunch of corrupt scammers who's only intetest will be getting money from you when the realize you are a barang as well? My advice is to avoid the police, it will be very expensive and there won't be a fair trial. Find a way to get justice instead.
My advice is to avoid stabbing people.
annejanes
Expatriate

Post by annejanes »

theKid wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:25 pm
annejanes wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:51 pm Here's what happens. He will be arrested. He will be jailed for 6 months until he gets a trial. His evidence won't be heard. He will be assumed guilty. He may be able to buy his way out or buy bail. Maybe he deserves it but do you really want to get involved with a bunch of corrupt scammers who's only intetest will be getting money from you when the realize you are a barang as well? My advice is to avoid the police, it will be very expensive and there won't be a fair trial. Find a way to get justice instead.
My advice is to avoid stabbing people.
Good advice but you don't have to stab someone in Cambodia to be accused of it and do the time. You only have to be accused. Seems this case is genuine but the police won't care about that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic