100+Kilos of Drugs - Meth and Ketamine - and Equipment Seized in Police Raids

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: 100+Kilos of Drugs - Meth and Ketamine - and Equipment Seized in Police Raids

Post by Ghostwriter »

Sambodia wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:29 am In fact, I'll bet those dancefloors you were on in 1996-2002 also contained people high on "special K" which is 90s drug slang for ketamine. Sometimes people mix k and ice, but taken in smaller doses K doesn't slow you down much, in high doses it puts you into a disassociative trance and you enter a "k-hole"
Yeah, some friends did took ketamine. Friendly enough to do not propose it anymore once told "no thanks, not for me". It was well reputated as a veterinarian product to put horses to sleep, at the time. Didn't seem right.
Mdma was the thing, boosted at half or less by amphets, and one pill or even half was enough for the whole night.

As for the meth, i discovered it was a thing in Indonesia, first from some naughty expats, then i realized i was a cheap drug used widely. When i googled it, i also came across bath salts and related pics about zombified faces, then krokodil and shit like that.
It's crazy to what end people go to get high these days.
Reminds me of that guy in Java dead from drinking moonlight booze mixed with mosquito repellent, in a coconut. What's the point, really...

Not yet widely used in Europe, fortunately. Hard enough to deal with crack.

The perspective of having this shit around when raising my kid my PP was a serious reason to consider repatriation, which occured. Not that he was in age of being sold that shit already, but the side-effects on the population in which we lived makes a specific atmosphere in the city center after school...too much crazy random in the air in Daun Penh & Riverside.
I miss the office-hours Khmers, not the night-to-dawn intoxicated ones. I don't miss the expats, i've seen a lot, but knew almost none.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 100+Kilos of Drugs - Meth and Ketamine - and Equipment Seized in Police Raids

Post by John Bingham »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:34 am
Sambodia wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:29 am In fact, I'll bet those dancefloors you were on in 1996-2002 also contained people high on "special K" which is 90s drug slang for ketamine. Sometimes people mix k and ice, but taken in smaller doses K doesn't slow you down much, in high doses it puts you into a disassociative trance and you enter a "k-hole"
Yeah, some friends did took ketamine. Friendly enough to do not propose it anymore once told "no thanks, not for me". It was well reputated as a veterinarian product to put horses to sleep, at the time. Didn't seem right.
Ketamine was popular on the illegal rave scene in England in the early 90s. It wasn't veterinary grade though, it was medical grade from India. At the time it wasn't a designated drug so people could easily bring big bottles of it back from India without fear of prosecution.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: Appeal refused
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Supreme Court on the morning of October 13, 2022, upheld the verdict of a defendant who was appealing his sentence by the lower court to 30 years in prison, in connection with the storage of nearly 50 kilograms of methamphetamine and ketamine at 4 different points in Phnom Penh during 2021.
1: At the point of the road, Sangkat Toul Sangke 1, Khan Russey Keo.
2: At the former dairy factory on National Road 5, Sangkat Toul Sangke 1, Khan Russey Keo.
3: At the point of renting house No. 1329, Street No. 103, Toul Thlan village, Sangkat Toul Sangke 2, Khan Russey Keo.
4: House D2, Concrete Road, Kraing Thnong Village, Sangkat Kraing Thnong, Khan Sar Sen Sok, Phnom Penh.

Mr. Chiv Keng, Chief Judge of the Supreme Court, stated that the defendent, Sok Ponlok, a 31-year-old male, was first arrested on July 20, 2021, along with other members of the gang who did not appeal their sentences.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Flexxman
Expatriate

Re: 100s of Kilos of Drugs - Meth and Ketamine - Seized in Police Raids

Post by Flexxman »

Sambodia wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:41 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:24 am I wonder why they still use the "Chinese tea" packaging.
Everybody knows, even those who are not there and never used meth.
It's a strange thing to be never short of a scheme for money, but still short of an idea for safety...
It is the branded packaging of the top-quality ice that comes from Myanmar (likely Wa State). This brand carries value, similar to coca-cola, in that it indicates quality and purity. They also use branded packaging for heroin, the double lion brand. This packaging is intended to represent the brand, not to be concealment, intelligent traffickers will find other ways to conceal it
Surely it is used as a seal of quality, the packaging used is invariably Guan Yin Wang. That tea in itself is rather precious, this shop for example sells this variety at $120/100 gram: https://teachapter.com/product/guan-yin-wang/
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: 100s of Kilos of Drugs - Meth and Ketamine - Seized in Police Raids

Post by Anchor Moy »

Flexxman wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:02 pm Surely it is used as a seal of quality, the packaging used is invariably Guan Yin Wang. That tea in itself is rather precious, this shop for example sells this variety at $120/100 gram: https://teachapter.com/product/guan-yin-wang/
Are you sure it's not this one ? :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Premium Rock Tea
https://teachapter.com/oolong-tea/rock-tea/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic