Goodbye and question

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
lucathenomad
Expatriate
Italy

Goodbye and question

Post by lucathenomad »

Hi guys,
Reading this forum a long time and has been a great resource for me.
I have now left the Kingdom for good (never say ever 🙂) and wanted to say goodbye!
After living in Phnom Penh many years I wanted a change and did not enjoy seeing Cambodia become a Chinese province.
Now back in Italy where things have only changed (little) for the worse
Thinking of moving to Albania, beautiful and less nanny state.
Wish Cambodia and fellow expats the best!
Questions will come 😉
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Goodbye and question

Post by mannanman »

So what’s your question?

Goodbye.
People of the world, spice up your life.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Isn't Italy on the fast track of becoming a Chinese province?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

lucathenomad wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:18 am Hi guys,
Reading this forum a long time and has been a great resource for me.
I have now left the Kingdom for good (never say ever 🙂) and wanted to say goodbye!
After living in Phnom Penh many years I wanted a change and did not enjoy seeing Cambodia become a Chinese province.
Now back in Italy where things have only changed (little) for the worse
Thinking of moving to Albania, beautiful and less nanny state.
Wish Cambodia and fellow expats the best!
Questions will come 😉

Why Albania? I heard is was a pretty rough place and lots of crime. What about Bulgaria? I heard that was attracting many people.

I was just looking at the requirements of entry of some of those Balkan states and most will let you in with a vaccination certificate only, and no need for a negative PCR test. Some don't list which vaccines and the ones that do include SinoVac and SinoPharm.

There's a lot of interesting places near you, good luck on your travels.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Actually, Bulgaria is quite an attractive proposition- I’m thinking about it myself, if I must remain in Europe.
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by J. Visiting »

I much enjoyed Varna.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:57 am Actually, Bulgaria is quite an attractive proposition- I’m thinking about it myself, if I must remain in Europe.
I'm think it was you who mentioned it to me. The whole of the Balkans looks very promising if fact, Montenegro and Croatia has always appealed to me.

Getting very itchy feet...
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

BillDoe wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:46 am Isn't Italy on the fast track of becoming a Chinese province?
Ever been to Italy? Guess not and I hope you never arrive,
work is for people who cant find truffles
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

truffledog wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:10 pm
BillDoe wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:46 am Isn't Italy on the fast track of becoming a Chinese province?
Ever been to Italy? Guess not and I hope you never arrive,
Bought one of those Amalfi coast vacation packages back in 06' for 700 or so bucks. Absolutely loved it, I'm guess that's why the Chinese are investing so heavily in Italy and that's why you're seeing an uptick in #Beltandroadinitiative arrests there.

Move over Italian Mafia, the Chinese have better crime rings with stinkier food!
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Italy gets a miseraböe 4% of chineses FDI in Europe while UK and Germany absorb over 50%.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic