Visa expectations

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Visa expectations

Post by nerdlinger »

nemo wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 pm Back OT.
By OT do you mean OT or OT?
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:28 pm and that of course means they died of covid, right?
heres where it came from

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... zdNMq2gR3M

https://web.facebook.com/dtownmemecreator/?_rdc=1&_rdr
If you search you’ll find.

That picture is from Myanmar and was taken by an official and is of Covid deaths. Not any protest.

Try Google reverse search.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:33 am There’s also a case to be made that closing borders when there were single-digit case numbers makes more sense than staying closed once the virus has become endemic. Once you’ve got to the stage where local transmission far outweighs imported cases then economic harm becomes a bigger factor.
This thing is far from endemic. Quite the opposite. I suspect that is the goal of many; the way of malaria. Borders certainly should have been closed immediately - they had a year to watch which countries were successful in their methods, and that seemed to be the winning formula. Chinese advisors? Seems hard for local transmissions not to outweigh imports.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Way to severely derail a thread :facepalm:
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:18 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:33 am There’s also a case to be made that closing borders when there were single-digit case numbers makes more sense than staying closed once the virus has become endemic. Once you’ve got to the stage where local transmission far outweighs imported cases then economic harm becomes a bigger factor.
This thing is far from endemic. Quite the opposite. I suspect that is the goal of many; the way of malaria. Borders certainly should have been closed immediately - they had a year to watch which countries were successful in their methods, and that seemed to be the winning formula. Chinese advisors? Seems hard for local transmissions not to outweigh imports.
Do you seriously think Cambodia has a realistic chance of getting covid cases to zero and keeping them there indefinitely?
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

At the risk of starting a food fight here, IMHO this will only end once enough people are Vaxed. Will that end the transmission of the virus? No. But it will make the illness much less deadly. According to most accounts, less than 10% of infected people who are vaxed end up in hospital. I know from my own experience - I was vaxed in February but still got the Delta a couple of weeks ago. It sucked, but now worse than the flu (except that it lasted much longer and quite a bit of fatigue). But I only had a mild fever a couple of times and was functional as far as working from home goes.

Cambo's vax numbers look pretty good considering how late to the game they started. Fingers crossed on these Chinese vaccines, though. Opening for tourism in December seem kind of unlikely. Maybr if they institute some kind of "vaccine passport" system.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic