Visa expectations

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Visa expectations

Post by phuketrichard »

LOOK AT THESE PHOTOS

Why? if it is indeed Burma, you have no idea how they died. So ur all assuming its cause of covid
and as stated ...its a morgue, going to find dead bodies

the same photo could have been the result of a military operation ( lots currently going on in Burma) where many were killed
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:25 pm LOOK AT THESE PHOTOS

Why? if it is indeed Burma, you have no idea how they died. So ur all assuming its cause of covid

the same photo could have been the result of a military operation ( lots currently going on in Burma) where many were killed
You noticed the wrapping of the bodies and the full protection the person working there is wearing?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

and that of course means they died of covid, right?
heres where it came from

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... zdNMq2gR3M

https://web.facebook.com/dtownmemecreator/?_rdc=1&_rdr
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Back OT.
If a person enrolled in a tefl training institute would that be sufficient cause to grant a visa?

How about someone who registers as a sole trader in advance through an agent who wants to visit to survey business opportunities? Can they issue themselves an invitation for visa purposes?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:28 pm and that of course means they died of covid, right?
No, not 100% But there are two clear signs in the picture. And usually, when it quacks like a duck and it walks like a duck, it is an actual duck.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 pm Back OT.
If a person enrolled in a tefl training institute would that be sufficient cause to grant a visa?

How about someone who registers as a sole trader in advance through an agent who wants to visit to survey business opportunities? Can they issue themselves an invitation for visa purposes?
Of course they can, and then it all depends on the embassy handling the application. Some seem lax, some were lax, some are tight......

As per now, there seems no shortage of teachers with all the schools closed, so I wouldn't bet on enrolling in a TEFL course getting me a visa.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I live here and do not teach.
I tried it once, it was kind of fun. For a very short amount of time.
I think a large number of teachers left long ago. I know several.
I am sure there will be openings when the schools resume.

I am asking on behalf of some younger people how one can legally gain entry now, rather than the state of the tefl market.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:43 pm I live here and do not teach.
I tried it once, it was kind of fun. For a very short amount of time.
I think a large number of teachers left long ago. I know several.
I am sure there will be openings when the schools resume.

I am asking on behalf of some younger people how one can legally gain entry now, rather than the state of the tefl market.
There's only one thing you can tell them, contact he nearest Cambodian embassy and ask them to report back here, naming the embassy in their report.

As said before, individual embassies might (will) respond different to a similar request.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Good advice.
I will report any findings in due course.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:28 pm and that of course means they died of covid, right?
heres where it came from

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... zdNMq2gR3M

https://web.facebook.com/dtownmemecreator/?_rdc=1&_rdr
You link to a google overview page, which seems to (incorrectly?) link a photo of the morque to Matthew Tostevin's twitter thread on protests. I can't find the photo of the morque on his thread on protest, but look for yourself:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TostevinM

But I see this:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic