The Pizza wars have only just begun...new arrival, KING KONG Pizza in PP

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: The Pizza wars have only just begun...new arrival, KING KONG Pizza in PP

Post by AndyKK »

Katy Peri's Chicken & Pizza street 51, But now I think moved to street 308
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Romano's are consistently good.
Phnom Penh Trader
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Trader »

I used to love Piccola Italia Da Luigi on Bassac Street is it?
If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts,happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I went to King Kong Pizza last night and they were closing but apparently without even opening. I spoke to the owner who said that they don't want to start until the restrictions are lifted and they can have inside dining.

I suggested that he could wait much longer than 2 weeks for that to happen and he might as well start with take away if they are ready to cook.

The owner is French and ran a pizzeria in France for 8 years. He was talking about all the fine ingredients he will be using. It all sounds very promising...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Pizza Hut International Debuts in Cambodia with Ambitious Plans to Deliver World-Class Experience to the Growing Pizza Eating Culture
PRESS RELEASE PR Newswire
Aug. 4, 2021, 10:00 PM

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia, Aug. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Pizza Hut International is set to debut in Cambodia in August 2021 to bring world-class tasting pizza to Cambodians where the modern dining experience is a growing trend.

The first store will open in Phnom Penh near the popular Russian market, the expat and business hub, with two more stores set to open in the coming months. Franchise partner, United Food Group plans to open 30 stores within two to three years. United Food Group (UFG) is a local company, and the owner of Cambodia's popular restaurant Park Café, which is currently open in 20 locations.

"Pizza Hut International is proud to partner with United Food Group to open the market's first Pizza Hut in Cambodia," said Unnat Varma, Pizza Hut Asia Pacific Managing Director. "We are excited to enter Cambodia, a land of rich culture and heritage. The new Pizza Hut will feature the most modern and delicious pizza experience across all channels including dine-in, delivery, take-out and even digital, to give aspiring Cambodians the easiest way to experience the best tasting pizza in the world."(sic)
https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1030691974
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Pizza Hut is pretty garbage, but if there's an unlimited buffet. . .
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:37 pm Pizza Hut is pretty garbage, but if there's an unlimited buffet. . .
Many years ago I worked in Romford, Essex. Dreadful place. On Fridays the local Pizza Hut did an "all you can eat pizzas" for £9.99 from 12-3.

Me and my secretary used to go there and watch all the enormous lard arses waddle in and, when a fresh batch of hot pizza arrived, watch the stampede to get there first and the battles to load their plates. It was a sight to behold. The salad bar remained virtually untouched.

I always thought they should have had a width restriction on the door. If you hit the sides of the widest one - £15. The middle one - £12 - the narrow one - £9.99. It would of been fun to watch them try to squeeze through and the price would reflect the volume of pizza they will consume.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:33 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:37 pm Pizza Hut is pretty garbage, but if there's an unlimited buffet. . .
Many years ago I worked in Romford, Essex. Dreadful place. On Fridays the local Pizza Hut did an "all you can eat pizzas" for £9.99 from 12-3.

Me and my secretary used to go there and watch all the enormous lard arses waddle in and, when a fresh batch of hot pizza arrived, watch the stampede to get there first and the battles to load their plates. It was a sight to behold. The salad bar remained virtually untouched.

I always thought they should have had a width restriction on the door. If you hit the sides of the widest one - £15. The middle one - £12 - the narrow one - £9.99. It would of been fun to watch them try to squeeze through and the price would reflect the volume of pizza they will consume.
I think those 'all you can eat' will always attract this. Reminds me of a work lunch at one in a previous life at an Asian place and my boss went back 3 times returning with his plate piled up and overloaded.. Some time later he was diagnosed with gout.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:46 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:33 am

I think those 'all you can eat' will always attract this. Reminds me of a work lunch at one in a previous life at an Asian place and my boss went back 3 times returning with his plate piled up and overloaded.. Some time later he was diagnosed with gout.
Has King Kong finally opened?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:49 am Has King Kong finally opened?
From their FB page https://www.facebook.com/kingkongpizza.kh
Dear Customers, dear Friends.
Due to the situation of Covid in Phnom Penh, we won't be able to welcome you in the best conditions...
As well, we are very sad to postpone the Opening date to a later and safer day.
Let's see next week how the situation goes...
Our priority is to welcome you ASAP and in the best conditions.
Thus, keep in touch!!!
I'd like to specify that no Covid case is in our restaurant.
Please stay safe, we pray for you🙏, we pray for Cambodia 🙏
Stay tuned for the "new" Opening day 😘😘😘
No later update. This guy was very unlucky.. the restrictions came in the day before he was due to have his grand opening..

I suppose he could obviously do takeaway and maybe limited eat in customers with social distancing.. We'll have to wait and see.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic