Expat in Kampot Needs Help After Traffic Accident

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Expat in Kampot Needs Help After Traffic Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

For information:
Expat Rudy Schmittlein, founder of The Dive Shop Cambodia and Paradise Villas, was in Kampot Referral Hospital after an accident, but friends have arranged his transfer to Phnom Penh and they have set up a fund-raiser.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Expat in Kampot Needs Help After Traffic Accident

Post by techietraveller84 »

Refused treatment because of COVID. Wow.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

techietraveller84 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:18 am Refused treatment because of COVID. Wow.
AFAIK there is only one hospital in Kampot accepting Covid patients and that's the public hospital / Kampot Referral Hospital. Makes sense to keep all the Covid patients together in one place, so this doesn't shock me.

The injured expat did get to PP in the end, so hopefully he got the treatment he needed ?
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Seems a bad situation and best he is in PP now. But this scene from a bad movie gets played over and over again here. Expat in Cambodia which could be considered one of the accident capitals of the world, and no insurance (or it seems no cash). And he owns 2 businesses. Lessons not learned. But each to their own choices.

I am sending some money now and I hope for the best.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

cambo swa wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:12 am Seems a bad situation and best he is in PP now. But this scene from a bad movie gets played over and over again here. Expat in Cambodia which could be considered one of the accident capitals of the world, and no insurance (or it seems no cash). And he owns 2 businesses. Lessons not learned. But each to their own choices.

I am sending some money now and I hope for the best.
Not so sure layed up in Hospital in emergency, maybe just his friend have no money.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

So what’s the story about this “accident?” For instance: Car? Or moto? Did it involve another vehicle? Etc. Details?

I don’t recall it hitting the news.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Stiliko wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:25 am So what’s the story about this “accident?” For instance: Car? Or moto? Did it involve another vehicle? Etc. Details?

2 vehicle RTA, victim was in smaller vehicle and suffered nasty head and leg injuries

Royal Phnom Penh required a 300K deposit before treatment, it has been said, due to the patient allegedly having a positive covid test
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:33 am
Stiliko wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:25 am So what’s the story about this “accident?” For instance: Car? Or moto? Did it involve another vehicle? Etc. Details?

2 vehicle RTA, victim was in smaller vehicle and suffered nasty head and leg injuries

Royal Phnom Penh required a 300K deposit before treatment, it has been said, due to the patient allegedly having a positive covid test
That's completely fucking high stakes robbery, $300K!!

But even any deposit scheme could be considered robbery, at least in the KOW. Pricks!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:33 am 2 vehicle RTA, victim was in smaller vehicle and suffered nasty head and leg injuries

Phew... Let's hope it's just gossip.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

This sounds like an unbelievable situation for someone to end up, after unfortunately having a road traffic accident. We can all only hope he gets the medical attention that he is obviously in need of.
This situation put's things into perspective, that are of a daily basis for many expats, a normal trip on the Moto too and from home and work, or recreation too see sight's or a run to the restaurant or bar. It is a fact that anywhere or any country this added recreation or need adds to the risk factors of an accident that can happen.
What we probably don't expect, or up to now with the addition of the pandemic, is to be refused hospital treatment, or at least it too be made difficult to receive medical attention.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic