Are you locked in Cambodia and dreaming to go back to Thailand soon ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Are you locked in Cambodia and dreaming to go back to Thailand soon ?

Post by pissontheroof »

Cant find Twinkies LOL
Come on, its not just westerners buying stuff, you ever see the worthless shit available in the Cambodian markets for sale from China

Consumerism is king :beer3:

Remember you were looking for some hot dog relish for some salad , forgot to say there are some knockoff brands ,
Stick to well known brands , like “ best foods “ or whatever. or you might be disappointed .
I especially only buy name brand “ skippy “ peanut butter . It’s just better ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
camgolian
Expatriate
Mongolia

Post by camgolian »

:beer1: I'm locked in USA and dreaming of being at my old apartment with balcony overlooking St 130..and taking a late afternoon walk to the best bar on earth, Pickled Parrot on 136... then returning home after a few hours to a home cooked meal by my Khmer gf...
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Ozinasia wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:35 am I lived in Pattaya for 8 years, enjoyed it for the most part however as the years went by the change in the locals attitude was very noticeable.
In a word the hate foreigners generally speaking.
If they can get you for anything they will as an example rental deposits once a deposit is paid don't expect to get it back no matter how well you maintain the property.
The Cambodian folks are far more excepting of falangs IMHO
How is that any different than PP/Cambodia? Your impression that Khmer are more 'excepting' is due in large part to the lawlessness of locals towards barang. If we didn't have money they'd never even think of letting one of us in this country.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

camgolian wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:47 am :beer1: I'm locked in USA and dreaming of being at my old apartment with balcony overlooking St 130..and taking a late afternoon walk to the best bar on earth, Pickled Parrot on 136... then returning home after a few hours to a home cooked meal by my Khmer gf...
I'm sure your gf is lonely all day, every day and waiting on the balcony for your return.
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

Not Locked in Cambodia...but too poor to go anywhere...even Thailand.
~
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

The Judge wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:44 am
Ozinasia wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:35 am I lived in Pattaya for 8 years, enjoyed it for the most part however as the years went by the change in the locals attitude was very noticeable.
If they can get you for anything they will as an example rental deposits once a deposit is paid don't expect to get it back no matter how well you maintain the property.
How is that any different than PP/Cambodia? Your impression that Khmer are more 'excepting' is due in large part to the lawlessness of locals towards barang. If we didn't have money they'd never even think of letting one of us in this country.
So how do you account for all the homeless barang that have appeared regularly on CEO ?
Is there anyone here who has ever been asked to show that they have sufficient funds in order to enter Cambodia ? (Pre-Covid, of course.)
I remember about 3 cases in the news of Africans asked to show funds or refused entry, but that is a very small percentage of foreigners who have had problems with immigration when they arrive in Cambodia - especially when you compare that to the rigorous restrictions in place for foreigners entering western countries.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

So how do you account for all the homeless barang that have appeared regularly on CEO ?
They didn't arrive poor; but drugs, $.50 beers and the ladies, took a toll
and after a few weeks, months, they just fell thru the cracks and didn't or couldn't ....go home
Thai's dont hate All farnags any more than the khmers do. You think its only thai ladies that look at farangs as walking atm machines?

never had a deposit withheld in Thailand, Nepal, Cambodia or the states.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:15 pm
They didn't arrive poor; but drugs, $.50 beers and the ladies, took a toll
and after a few weeks, months, they just fell thru the cracks and didn't or couldn't ....go home
Thai's dont hate All farnags any more than the khmers do. You think its only thai ladies that look at farangs as walking atm machines?

never had a deposit withheld in Thailand, Nepal, Cambodia or the states.
Well that's your opinion just as it's @Ozinasia's opinion that: 'The Cambodian folks are far more excepting of falangs IMHO'

Seems respect for someone else's view is sadly lacking here. It's one thing to disagree and give an opposing view, yet another to dismiss it categorically as you've done.

And he wasn't specifically referring to..as you call it..'You think its only thai ladies that look at farangs as walking atm machines?'.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I hate farnags too. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The Judge wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:44 am
Coz it's Ozinasia's opinion based on his experience and he's entitled to his view. Is it necessary to directly challenge or dispute that view as you are doing or are you just trying to bait/troll the member? This is the sort of thing that makes members reluctant to post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic