Land pricing

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Land pricing

Post by BillDoe »

No idea if this is the right forum or not

Does anyone know the land prices out near Krang Makak, Kandal? Looking for a roughly 14m x 14m property
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Land pricing

Post by Kammekor »

When asking about land prices you have to be really specific and avoid the word near. I don't live in Kandal but where I live one meter of land (price usually goes by the meter, measured at the front) can be anywhere between 300-1.000 USD depending on whether the land is flat or not, has access to water, is on the main road or not, etc etc. I can imagine prices in Kandal can be (way) higher than that.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:44 am When asking about land prices you have to be really specific and avoid the word near. I don't live in Kandal but where I live one meter of land (price usually goes by the meter, measured at the front) can be anywhere between 300-1.000 USD depending on whether the land is flat or not, has access to water, is on the main road or not, etc etc. I can imagine prices in Kandal can be (way) higher than that.
Kammekor has obviously had some past experience of land and it's price. He is right, but there are so many variables to the pricing. Such has title, area of where the land is, building land or agricultural, examples of this, city land will always bring large prices, where paddy-field land would be cheaper. Also knowing their is a barang involved could escalate the price, not forgetting many sellers are still holding out for the big monies of Chinese investors. I paid out for some land, some years ago on behalf of a ex-Khmer girlfriend in the far north of the country along the banks of the Mekong river, bought from the village chief with paperwork and thumbprints for the tune of 1500riel per meter.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Didn't realize land would be so expensive out there, damn! The family has a few properties in TTP and I can understand how that's expensive as all hell, never thought it would be that expensive in Kandal though.

Do you guys know of any land maybe farther out that's along the lines of 250-300 per meter? Was looking to build a home out by the rest of the family, hoping to keep the price of land + home construction around 30k-40k
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

AndyKK nailed it. Far too many variables to give you any ballpark figure.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

BillDoe wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:59 am Didn't realize land would be so expensive out there, damn! The family has a few properties in TTP and I can understand how that's expensive as all hell, never thought it would be that expensive in Kandal though.

Do you guys know of any land maybe farther out that's along the lines of 250-300 per meter? Was looking to build a home out by the rest of the family, hoping to keep the price of land + home construction around 30k-40k
That will be a tough one. I built a house on already owned land, labor plus materials cost me over 33k USD already.

It's a wooden house, 7 x 9 m, with a stone / concrete part attached in the back (3 x 7 m).
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

You could build but it’d either on soft title with no electric or 5x10 single story.
People of the world, spice up your life.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

are these prices by meter or m2 (SqM)?

I would be surprised if m2 as that seems very expensive, but then again I have never heard of land being priced in anything other than m2
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

cautious colin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:14 pm are these prices by meter or m2 (SqM)?

I would be surprised if m2 as that seems very expensive, but then again I have never heard of land being priced in anything other than m2
In the main centers it's common to price per m2, in the province it's common to price per meter of the front of the plot. My prices of 300-1000$ are per stretched (front) meter so typically for 30-50 m2 depending on how far the plot stretches to the back.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:37 pm
BillDoe wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:59 am Didn't realize land would be so expensive out there, damn! The family has a few properties in TTP and I can understand how that's expensive as all hell, never thought it would be that expensive in Kandal though.

That will be a tough one. I built a house on already owned land, labor plus materials cost me over 33k USD already.

It's a wooden house, 7 x 9 m, with a stone / concrete part attached in the back (3 x 7 m).
Seriously, I'm not trying to start shit.

How did that cost so much? Was it the wood or distance from material distributers? Wife's uncle just built a 10m by 8m 3 story using concrete and it only cost him 30k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic