Thief Gets Ass Kicked, Then Brick Thrown on his Head (NSFW)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thief Gets Ass Kicked, Then Brick Thrown on his Head (NS

Post by prahkeitouj »

Yes, law is not like a law when it isn't independent.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I spent some time recently explaining to a cambodian friend how a proper system of laws and justice works (or is suppose to work).
We got into this conversation when we were talking about people taking the law into their own hands - just like this example - and he asked me how else the situation could be managed.

It wasn't so easy to explain the theory that the law enforcers are supposed to be public servants who are there to enforce the law on behalf of the population, not just the rich and powerful.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jacket wrote:Savages! Stealing some shit does not warrant this kind of treatment, end of story. If you have to treat thieves like that, then why aren't you going after the rea bad guys. You know. The assholes rolling around in Range Rovers who steal people's land and sell it to the chinese/koreans/vietnamese I mean. Might it be because you're a bunch of massive pussies, too cowardly to take on anything else than a surrendering bum who isn't even attempting to resist the abuse that he's subjected to? Disgusting!
All the comments so far seemed to agree that it was savage and totally over the top. So who exactly are you directing this invective at? I gather you're not in Cambodia, because I haven't heard of any barangs going around attacking random Range Rovers recently.
I'd advise against it anyway, because not all drivers of luxury cars are land-grabbers and the ones that are are quite likely to drive over your head or shoot you.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote: ...not all drivers of luxury cars are land-grabbers...
They got lucky and married savvy business women? :stir:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Post by Jacket »

John Bingham wrote:
Jacket wrote:Savages! Stealing some shit does not warrant this kind of treatment, end of story. If you have to treat thieves like that, then why aren't you going after the rea bad guys. You know. The assholes rolling around in Range Rovers who steal people's land and sell it to the chinese/koreans/vietnamese I mean. Might it be because you're a bunch of massive pussies, too cowardly to take on anything else than a surrendering bum who isn't even attempting to resist the abuse that he's subjected to? Disgusting!
All the comments so far seemed to agree that it was savage and totally over the top. So who exactly are you directing this invective at? I gather you're not in Cambodia, because I haven't heard of any barangs going around attacking random Range Rovers recently.
I'd advise against it anyway, because not all drivers of luxury cars are land-grabbers and the ones that are are quite likely to drive over your head or shoot you.
I said that if you have to treat thieves like that. I don't treat thieves like that, so I'm not trying to start the people's revolution and lynch all the ruling-class fucks in this country (which are the worst offenders without a doubt).

My comment wasn't directed to anyone on the board and others don't seem to have problems grasping this. So either you're being a dick or you're a bit thick.
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jacket wrote:My comment wasn't directed to anyone on the board and others don't seem to have problems grasping this. So either you're being a dick or you're a bit thick.
PLEASE don't tell him he has a thick di... never mind.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic