Foreign Vaccination Cards

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreign Vaccination Cards

Post by Bong Kri »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:00 am Heaps of reports of businesses in PP and of ferries to the islands not permitting customers without a vaccination card, I wasn't allowed to enter PTC computers in PP about 5 weeks ago cause I didn't have one. Ridiculous if you ask me, vaccine card doesn't stop people carrying and transmitting viruses. As long as businesses implement & follow the recommended preventative measures, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Fairly certain your foreign vaccination card will be accepted, as long as it looks legit, and is in English. Highly doubt my vaccine card, which is all in Arabic, will be accepted though.

I went to the one by Central Market yesterday and last week and I wasn't asked for one, so if it was their policy, they've changed it now.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

nerdlinger wrote:
Equinix wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:33 pm Instead of experimental "vaccines" everyone on the planet should be on Ivermectin and this whole covid issue would be gone in a few months.

https://journals.lww.com/americantherap ... _of.7.aspx
The things you’ve quoted doesn’t support the claims you’re making. How are you getting “this whole covid issue would be gone within months” from any of the figures in that study? None of the studies show an efficacy anything like those of the vaccines, and neither does it stop transmission.
I'm going with what Bret Weinstein said on a few of his podcasts.

If you combine the "vaxed" people with the people that have antibodies from a previous infection and would put the unvaxed (and vaxed? as we are seeing delta+ bypassing vaccines) on the Ivermectin treatment, covid will burn itself out.

https://ivmmeta.com/
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Keaton Calhoun wrote:
GreenMeat wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:36 am I just returned from the USA a few weeks ago and got my vaccinations there. I have the standard US CDC card with the dates of my shots and the vaccine lot codes. No photo or barcodes.
I'm trying to arrange a trip to Koh Rong and the scuba shop there says that the ferries are requiring vaccination cards before allowing passengers to board the ferry. Anybody have any experience with this?
Has anyone had problems with foreign vaccination cards being accepted by local authorities in other situations?
Thank you.
I have used Buva sea and GTVC and can confirm that this is not the case. I go back in forth between Sihanoukville and Koh Rong several times a month and I can assure you that there is no such requirement. What dive shop told you this ? They are obviously full of shit.
We were planning to head out to the islands for a couple weeks next month. Sent an email to all the ferry companies to get clarification in writing.
So far SoeedFerry has sent this to me:

"Dear guest. Yes, right now is necessary the vaccination card for travel to the island. You can explain your personal situation at the boarding process to the authorities, but there is no guarantee. Regards"

Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Speedferry wrote: "You can explain your personal situation at the boarding process to the authorities"
So, the country is getting back to normal then ... :hattip:

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Equinix wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:19 am
nerdlinger wrote:
Equinix wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:33 pm Instead of experimental "vaccines" everyone on the planet should be on Ivermectin and this whole covid issue would be gone in a few months.

The things you’ve quoted doesn’t support the claims you’re making. How are you getting “this whole covid issue would be gone within months” from any of the figures in that study? None of the studies show an efficacy anything like those of the vaccines, and neither does it stop transmission.

If you combine the "vaxed" people with the people that have antibodies from a previous infection and would put the unvaxed (and vaxed? as we are seeing delta+ bypassing vaccines) on the Ivermectin treatment, covid will burn itself out.
Oh right, it never occurred to me that a definition of “burn itself out” would happily include tens of millions more deaths.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Oh wait, were you suggesting that instead of two shots of vaccine we should instead be having the whole planet taking ivermectin pills every day? Yeah fine, I’m sure there’d be no issues there at all. I think I saw a quadrillion pills behind the counter at ASDA last week, just need to figure out how to get them shipped.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

nerdlinger wrote:Oh wait, were you suggesting that instead of two shots of vaccine we should instead be having the whole planet taking ivermectin pills every day? Yeah fine, I’m sure there’d be no issues there at all. I think I saw a quadrillion pills behind the counter at ASDA last week, just need to figure out how to get them shipped.
I know you weren't replying to me but.....
Some people like myself are ineligible for the vax because of preexisting conditions so I've been studying up on the ivermectin theory and it seems quite promising. Possibly even more so than any of the vaccines seeing as how long term side effects are not known with the vaxs but are well documented over several decades with ivermectin.

And to answer your question, no, daily usage not required. Only about 15mg one time each week. Of course dosage varies depending on weight.

Sent from my CPH2159 using Tapatalk

Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Equinix wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:19 am
nerdlinger wrote:

https://ivmmeta.com/
Cherry picking data in a pandemic is reprehensible, from your own link.
“While many treatments have some level of efficacy, they do not replace vaccines and other measures to avoid infection. Only 27% of ivermectin studies show zero events in the treatment arm.”
Feel free to search for actual Published efficacy. Shit you saw on OAN or Facebook doesn’t count.
up to you...
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

lostjeremy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:31 pm
nerdlinger wrote:Oh wait, were you suggesting that instead of two shots of vaccine we should instead be having the whole planet taking ivermectin pills every day? Yeah fine, I’m sure there’d be no issues there at all. I think I saw a quadrillion pills behind the counter at ASDA last week, just need to figure out how to get them shipped.
I know you weren't replying to me but.....
Some people like myself are ineligible for the vax because of preexisting conditions so I've been studying up on the ivermectin theory and it seems quite promising. Possibly even more so than any of the vaccines seeing as how long term side effects are not known with the vaxs but are well documented over several decades with ivermectin.

And to answer your question, no, daily usage not required. Only about 15mg one time each week. Of course dosage varies depending on weight.

Sent from my CPH2159 using Tapatalk
Even once a week is pretty onerous given it’d have to be basically every week for the rest of everyone’s lives, cause there’s no way covid would just disappear if we did this instead of vaccinating. Note I’m not having a go at it as an alternative for people in your situation, just the claim made earlier that we could sack off vaccines and the whole thing would vanish in a few months.

I also kind of suspect that while we do have more data on ivermectin side effects that data probably doesn’t contain a huge number of cases of people taking it every week for a period of years…
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Some bad news on the ivermectin front. The biggest and most positive study into it has been found to be pretty much a gigantic fraud, with an almost comical number of holes in the data. These include numerous data points, dates and ages that contradict the test protocols, entries for “June 31st”, patient records that have been blatantly cloned from other sources and then fudged a bit, and quoted standard deviations that are mathematically impossible.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... l-concerns
“Because the Elgazzar study is so large, and so massively positive – showing a 90% reduction in mortality – it hugely skews the evidence in favour of ivermectin,” Meyerowitz-Katz said.

“If you remove this one study from the scientific literature, suddenly there are very few positive randomised control trials of ivermectin for Covid-19. Indeed, if you get rid of just this research, most meta-analyses that have found positive results would have their conclusions entirely reversed.”
And by way of a postscript: https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-ar ... 91/6310839
In comparison to SOC or placebo, IVM did not reduce all-cause mortality, length of stay or viral clearance in RCTs in COVID-19 patients with mostly mild disease. IVM did not have an effect on Adverse Effects or severe AEs. IVM is not a viable option to treat COVID-19 patients.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic