america's involvement in Afghanistan closes

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: america's involvement in Afghanistan closes

Post by John Bingham »

I remember when Massoud was assassinated. He was a well known name for anyone who had been following the events in Afghanistan at the time. He was killed by suicide bombers posing as journalists. It seemed very ominous so I did this sketch on September 10th.

(I know the body is fucked up, it was a stream of consciousness scribble)

When the attacks on the twin towers happened the next day I was at work. It might have been my sister who lived in Manhattan at the time calling me, but anyway I was the first person in work to mention it, and got pretty much laughed at when I did. Of course when we checked out the news a while later it became apparent that I wasn't joking.
The recent documentaries I've seen about the Northern Alliance and the ANS that many of them ended up with didn't inspire me with much confidence though. They seemed like a thieving bunch of degenerate junkie boy-fuckers a lot of the time. :(
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Pardon the bump, but this seems relevant.

That didn't take long, did it?
https://nypost.com/2021/09/23/afghan-re ... -indicted/
A federal grand jury in Wisconsin indicted two Afghan refugees Wednesday, accusing them of committing crimes while they were staying at a local Army base after being taken out of Afghanistan.

Bahrullah Noori, 20, is charged with one count of attempting to engage in a sex act with a minor by force and three counts of engaging in a sex act with a minor. One of the latter counts also alleges the use of force. Investigators say both of Noori’s alleged victims were under the age of 16.

The indictment specifically alleges that Noori touched the genitalia of one of his victims on three separate occasions while at Fort McCoy, an Army installation located approximately 100 miles northwest of Madison. One of the alleged assaults occurred in a barrack, while the other two took place in a bathroom.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Let me guess: on a Thursday night?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 am Let me guess: on a Thursday night?
Do they touch little boys before or after their Thursday prayers?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

did the world seriously think they would be a different Taliban from 2000?

People look up at a dead body hanged by the Taliban from a crane in the main square of Herat city in western Afghanistan, on Saturday Sept. 25, 2021. Photo: AP
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Taliban hanged a dead body from a crane parked in a city square in Afghanistan on Saturday in a gruesome display that signaled the hard-line movement’s return to some of its brutal tactics of the past.

Taliban officials initially brought four bodies to the central square in the western city of Herat, then moved three of them to other parts of the city for public display, said Wazir Ahmad Seddiqi, who runs a pharmacy on the edge of the square.
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/int ... t-tactics/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

That brutal form of law enforcement is not uncommon among tribal societies.

What is more revolting to me is the pederasty among some Afghans. American troops were disgusted at witnessing it while over there. And some Afghans bring the practice with them everywhere, it seems.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic