ER visa for a 41-year old?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: ER visa for a 41-year old?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Arget wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:38 pm
Hi Kiwi, how do we provide this as i cannot get into it anymore. :hattip:

I had a screen shot on other phone before it shit itself. Now downloaded the app again but still cannot get in. :bow:
The system is f***ed...keep submitting forgot password, turning phone on and off, using desktop version...if nothing works, need to register again under new phone number. Unless you own your property, your landlord should be the one who registers an account and checks you in anyway.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Hey OP, why don't ya just apply for an EB EOS, & then not work. You ain't obliged to work, innit.
And if ya change yer mind, & do a bit o work...then there ain't no visa problem.
What advantage is there, in gettin' a ER EOS?
guybrush
Tourist

Post by guybrush »

Railroad wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:17 pm Hey OP, why don't ya just apply for an EB EOS, & then not work. You ain't obliged to work, innit.
And if ya change yer mind, & do a bit o work...then there ain't no visa problem.
What advantage is there, in gettin' a ER EOS?
ER seems way less complicated (if I were eligible). No documents and work permits and all that fine print.

My embassy has made it clear they won't give me any real help, so I'll probably end up going for the EB EOS with no WP as suggested by PSD-Kiwi. I managed to get onto Call Kim, and she seems to know her shit. I think she can do it for me. Amazing how much difference it makes when someone genuinely wants to help you instead of just trying to get rid of you.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

PSDK is correct. Type up a declaration letter stating you are retired and do not work. That is all that is required.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

canucklhead wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:22 am PSDK is correct. Type up a declaration letter stating you are retired and do not work. That is all that is required.
But doesn't the declaration letter need to be notarized?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The Judge wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:06 pm
canucklhead wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:22 am PSDK is correct. Type up a declaration letter stating you are retired and do not work. That is all that is required.
No.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:09 pm
The Judge wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:06 pm
No.
Interesting, since every year I've been told by the immigration officers that work at the visa extension/renewal desk at the DOI that it must be.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Individual experiences may differ, but has never been required for any of the people I've advised and assisted. It definitely wouldn't hurt to have it notarized, but the only docs that have been required to be notarised in my experiences are actual official Retirement/pension docs, which need to be notarised/certified by the applicants Embassy. Most Embassies will not notarise/certify a stat dec.

- Stat dec, signed by applicant.
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Complete Visa EOS application form
- Passport pic
- Fee $180 for 12 month EOS
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:39 pm Individual experiences may differ, but has never been required for any of the people I've advised and assisted. It definitely wouldn't hurt to have it notarized, but the only docs that have been required to be notarised in my experiences are actual official Retirement/pension docs, which need to be notarised/certified by the applicants Embassy. Most Embassies will not notarise/certify a stat dec.

- Stat dec, signed by applicant.
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Complete Visa EOS application form
- Passport pic
- Fee $180 for 12 month EOS
*Proof of retirement* Its just those few little words that trip up most applicants intending to apply for the ER EOS. Along with the proof of sufficient funds, that being a copy of a bank account statement, that alone shows withdrawals (monies) that you are taking out in this country and spending, also it may show money transfers for the source of your monies. The proof of retirement can be like already mentioned in the thread. Just type up your own letter staiting you have your own funds to live off, and you are claiming because of that fact "Self Retirement".
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Just be grateful you're only 41, stop wingeing, stump up the cash and stop trying to muscle in on the cheap visas for us old farts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic