ER visa for a 41-year old?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: ER visa for a 41-year old?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@guybrush , try the Stat Dec route with proof of sufficient funds directly at the DoI, worse they can say is no, and if they do deny your application, then suck it up and use an agent to go for the EB EOS option.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

guybrush wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm Well, here's my progress report...

None of the agents I called in PP wanted to deal with it. I couldn't get on to Kim (I think @AndyKK posted a typo in his number, but I couldn't get through on 092 256 388 either). I managed to get through to EMC and Lucky Lucky, but they basically said no. None of the agents I visited in Kampot wanted to help either (Billabong, Romantic 168).

I called the Australian Embassy and they said they have never and would never issue a document saying that I am retired. They say they are restricted by Australian law to certifying documents (as copies of originals) and witnessing documents intended for use in Australia. Notarising any document costs USD 56 and is probably useless. They say the DoI knows that the embassy cannot provide the documents they request.

That basically leaves me the option of going to the DoI myself and begging, which doesn't seem promising.
Don't waste your time as they will refer you back to the embassy.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
guybrush
Tourist

Post by guybrush »

Would you expect a drama or extra charges to extend an EB EOS with no work permit?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

guybrush wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:47 pm Would you expect a drama or extra charges to extend an EB EOS with no work permit?
When it comes to Cambodia there's no point in speculating in what to expect.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

guybrush wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:47 pm Would you expect a drama or extra charges to extend an EB EOS with no work permit?
You don't need a WP for an EB EOS......it requires an employment letter from your place of employment and I think a tax document from them as well to prove it's an actual Cambodian business.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Supporting documentation required for 6 or 12 mth EB EOS;
1. Official letter of employment (employees & business owners). Original company stamp.
2. Copy of Business License (business owners only). Original company stamp.
3. Copy of Company Tax Patent (employees & business owners). . Original company stamp.
4. Print out of FPCS check-in details screenshot.
5. Completed EOS application form.
6. Passport pic.

If applying for a 1 or 3 mth EB EOS, or converting from an EG EOS to an EB EOS, then you also require a valid WP as supporting documentation.

*The above applies to those applying via a Visa agent, some Visa agents will facilitate an EB EOS for applicants who can't provide the necessary supporting documentation, for an extra fee of course.

**If applying directly at the DoI, there are additional supporting documentation requirements.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:46 pm Supporting documentation required for 6 or 12 mth EB EOS;

Hi Kiwi, how do we provide this as i cannot get into it anymore. :hattip:

I had a screen shot on other phone before it shit itself. Now downloaded the app again but still cannot get in. :bow:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Arget wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:38 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:46 pm Supporting documentation required for 6 or 12 mth EB EOS;

Hi Kiwi, how do we provide this as i cannot get into it anymore. :hattip:

I had a screen shot on other phone before it shit itself. Now downloaded the app again but still cannot get in. :bow:
Have you tried the website version? https://fpcs.immigration.gov.kh/login
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Yes. I

Login System
Phone
09XXXXXXX
Password
password
Username and Password Incorrect!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

guybrush wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm Well, here's my progress report...

None of the agents I called in PP wanted to deal with it. I couldn't get on to Kim (I think @AndyKK posted a typo in his number, but I couldn't get through on 092 256 388 either). I managed to get through to EMC and Lucky Lucky, but they basically said no. None of the agents I visited in Kampot wanted to help either (Billabong, Romantic 168).

I called the Australian Embassy and they said they have never and would never issue a document saying that I am retired. They say they are restricted by Australian law to certifying documents (as copies of originals) and witnessing documents intended for use in Australia. Notarising any document costs USD 56 and is probably useless. They say the DoI knows that the embassy cannot provide the documents they request.

That basically leaves me the option of going to the DoI myself and begging, which doesn't seem promising.
Did you receive the PM I sent you?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic