I walked down 130 Street from the clinic to the girly bar - a journey many foreigner men have made in reverse.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: I walked down 130 Street from the clinic to the girly bar - a journey many foreigner men have made in reverse.

Post by newkidontheblock »

John Bingham wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:27 pm Do none of have Khmer (or at least Asian) better halves? Or are members on this forum so exalted as not to be bothered by the joys of ordinary life?
No man, none of us have a clue about any of that stuff. It's great that we have experts like you to guide us. :shock:
You crack me up with a smile ….

Carry on and keep smiling.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: I walked down 130 Street from the clinic to the girly bar - a journey many foreigner men have made in reverse.

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:27 pm Do none of have Khmer (or at least Asian) better halves? Or are members on this forum so exalted as not to be bothered by the joys of ordinary life?

I liked it.

But as a previous poster has mentioned, hanging out all day in a bar with some cashier girl instead of with your newborn child and wife seems awfully unusual to me.

Just my 10 Riel worth.
It's all bullshit NK. The bars on 130 have been closed for months and the ones that are opening up quietly do it after 9pm.

There are no girly bars open at 5pm. This 'story' is pure fantasy.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Further evidence of the devasting affect covid is having on peoples mental stability.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:23 am

I liked it.

But as a previous poster has mentioned, hanging out all day in a bar with some cashier girl instead of with your newborn child and wife seems awfully unusual to me.

Just my 10 Riel worth.
It's all bullshit NK. The bars on 130 have been closed for months and the ones that are opening up quietly do it after 9pm.

There are no girly bars open at 5pm. This 'story' is pure fantasy.
New fathers suffer from a tremendous amount of fantasy. I'd imagine old fathers do as well.
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:27 pm
....hanging out all day in a bar with some cashier girl instead of with your newborn child and wife seems awfully unusual to me...
You're mistaken NK. I was in the bar 5pm - 7.30pm. I was with my wife and newborn several hours beforehand (on both days). So several hours helping out and enjoying the company of baby boy, but in a sweltering room. No air con recommended for those tiny lungs. I then returned to the apartment showered and walked to a bar with air- con and alcohol. I thought there would would people to chat with, perhaps someone like you NK. 😉
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

Kow4me1 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:41 am This is the third bizarre crap post by this author. Can someone nicely say something?
Have you been banned yet? 😜
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

So no-one goes out to celebrate the birth of their child?!
Must be a British thing….

Our dad was a landlord of a pub when i was born, the whole pub drank for free that night, he was that hungover the next day he had to sleep in me mams hospital bed Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:07 pm So no-one goes out to celebrate the birth of their child?!
They do, but more likely with a few friends than alone at a girly bar. Also there's a big celebration a month after the birth as the mother is usually sequestered till then.

Phnom Penh Pal wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:10 pm So several hours helping out and enjoying the company of baby boy, but in a sweltering room. No air con recommended for those tiny lungs. I then returned to the apartment showered and walked to a bar with air- con and alcohol. I thought there would would people to chat with, perhaps someone like you NK. 😉
I don't know about that, it's not a good idea to have the aircon too cold for a newborn but it's not good for it to be too hot either. It's probably more the local tradition. The clinic where my kid was born had aircon and there was no problem bringing beer into the suite.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:07 pm So no-one goes out to celebrate the birth of their child?!
They do, but more likely with a few friends than alone at a girly bar. Also there's a big celebration a month after the birth as the mother is usually sequestered till then.
He might not have any mates Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

@Jamie_Lambo You're right. No mates in Cambodia.

My wife lived with me in Vietnam. She only went back to have the birth in PP and beside her mom, aunts and sisters.

I still don't have any mates in Cambodia.
Locked Previous topicNext topic