Satellite images show China building what appears to be over 100 new silos for its nuclear missiles, analysts say

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Satellite images show China building what appears to be over 100 new silos for its nuclear missiles, analysts say

Post by Brody »

xandreu wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:27 pm To be clear, by posting my hastily found photo of supposed US bases surrounding China doesn't in any way indicate that I am somehow pro-China and anti-US.

I was merely trying to raise the point that as a growing superpower, China is not really doing anything out of the ordinary, when you look at how other growing super powers have behaved throughout history.

The fact is that the US does have China encircled with military bases and it would be highly unusual for China not to find ways of defending itself against this threat, in much the same way that North Korea does with it's nukes.
Come on man.........this isn't a tit for tat arms race. The US partner bases have, for the most part, been where they are for a long time.

I don't know the particular SOFA stipulations with each nation but most will not allow US 'special weapons' as nukes are colloquially known, based on their soil. Some do though.

China is currently making big moves on the geo-political landscape. This step up in nuclear silos is noteworthy and concerning.

They're taking full advantage of the confusion and distraction that resulted from the global pestilence they caused.

While the West is going nuts about masks, vaccinations, and hoarding toilet paper..........China is pushing boundaries in the SCS and ramping up it's nuclear program.

You, xandreu, trying to be a China apologist, only serves to muddy the waters.

China's recent injection of national hubris is not the result of US partner bases that have been there for ages already.

It is a clear signal of a disturbing shift in their intent and how they view themselves now and in the future as a global superpower.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Satellite images show China building what appears to be over 100 new silos for its nuclear missiles, analysts say

Post by atst »

Are these images the same as the ones we all saw over Iraq
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

… and I’m accused on CEO for being a mainland China alarmist …
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:11 pm … and I’m accused on CEO for being a mainland China alarmist …
Sure, because rather than discussing anything you just go on paranoid rants - usually completely unrelated to the thread topic. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

An inconvenient little fact/reality check/reminder to burst some of the big-talkin' bubbles

For the past 60 years the West has had it's arse whipped or been forced into a tragic no-result quagmires by some of the smallest, poorest and most fucked up countries on the planet.
Look at the list. Our win rate is appalling. It's embarrassing.

What's China worried about?
Delusional hot air boasting from some the war mongering heroes on CEO?? I doubt it.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

atst wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:47 pm Are these images the same as the ones we all saw over Iraq
Lol, touché.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic