The answer we all want to know.. How good are the Chinese vaccines?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: The answer we all want to know.. How good are the Chinese vaccines?

Post by AndyKK »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:54 pm ^^
All good points there @AndyKK, I guess we have to hang in tight for the time being until more solid efficacy results come in. I think we have to be as diligent as ever with precautions coz despite no lockdowns in most areas..it's getting close to home.

In just Daun Penh. French guy Bruno from Chez Gaston passed away recently. Doc67's neighbour across the road got covid. Kandal market closed today. And I've seen taped off streets in the area as I mentioned on the general Cambodia covid news thread.
Has I was writing that post the police came to the apartment block, how my partner explained it to me they are taking some people from here to the doctors, because they have covid. Now she is worried they will come for her because she has not had the vaccine.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Many government establishments make all staff test for COVID every 10 days, especially ones with contact with the public.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:21 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:55 am If "the answer we all want to know" is "How good are the Chinese vaccines", the question to the answer we all want to know, would therefore be "What is everyone asking about Chinese vaccinations?"
Are people asking questions any more, there doesn't seem to be any answers.
I would like to know if all the Chinese have been vaccinated with their own vaccines.
There's written percentages of how effective the vaccines are, but no positive data to back up the figures, only data from the countries whom have been donated or sold the vaccine.
Lately in the news is that the Chinese who visit these countries have now to quarantine for 14 days before returning to their own country of China, due to a high number of returnees having tested positive for Covid has they return.
I know it has been written that the vaccine will not stop a person from getting the Covid19 virus, but it may save the person's life.
Medical personal on the front line have been vaccinated but have surcome to the virus, and has a result have lost their lives.
It's recommend that people with illness or having to take regular medication for treatments should abstain from having the vaccine. I am glad to hear that it didn't stay has a mandatory task here for obvious reasons.
The vaccine programs go ahead in many of these countries today and also tomorrow, how many of you have been vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine, how many of you believe in these vaccines, or like myself took the risk on hope because that is all that there is, and how many more of you had the vaccine because of gaining the more important card, due to firstly talk of not being allowed in establishments to buy the essential items needed, or EOS extensions. Also onward travel or return to that of your own country if need be.
Mostly questions, with very elusive answers. Approved by the World Health Organisation for emergency use, regards that there's no data supplied to support this vaccine and it's intended use in protection against Covid19.
In your case wouldn't a move to a detached house in the province with minimal contact with neighbors for a year or so be safer than staying in Phnom Penh?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

mannanman wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:40 pm Many government establishments make all staff test for COVID every 10 days, especially ones with contact with the public.
Source?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:25 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:55 am If "the answer we all want to know" is "How good are the Chinese vaccines", the question to the answer we all want to know, would therefore be "What is everyone asking about Chinese vaccinations?"
I would like to know if all the Chinese have been vaccinated with their own vaccines.
There's written percentages of how effective the vaccines are, but no positive data to back up the figures, only data from the countries whom have been donated or sold the vaccine.
Lately in the news is that the Chinese who visit these countries have now to quarantine for 14 days before returning to their own country of China, due to a high number of returnees having tested positive for Covid has they return.
I know it has been written that the vaccine will not stop a person from getting the Covid19 virus, but it may save the person's life.
Medical personal on the front line have been vaccinated but have surcome to the virus, and has a result have lost their lives.
It's recommend that people with illness or having to take regular medication for treatments should abstain from having the vaccine. I am glad to hear that it didn't stay has a mandatory task here for obvious reasons.
The vaccine programs go ahead in many of these countries today and also tomorrow, how many of you have been vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine, how many of you believe in these vaccines, or like myself took the risk on hope because that is all that there is, and how many more of you had the vaccine because of gaining the more important card, due to firstly talk of not being allowed in establishments to buy the essential items needed, or EOS extensions. Also onward travel or return to that of your own country if need be.
Mostly questions, with very elusive answers. Approved by the World Health Organisation for emergency use, regards that there's no data supplied to support this vaccine and it's intended use in protection against Covid19.
In your case wouldn't a move to a detached house in the province with minimal contact with neighbors for a year or so be safer than staying in Phnom Penh?
Now that's the thing, was it not yourself recently being not able to return to your home in the province where you live. Sorry if I am getting members mixed up a little.
I have found very similar problems trying to move house, being that authorities in some areas will not allow the person wanting to let their property to someone out of the area, or even that of the area, unless they come from a no covid area of that place. There is another way to satisfy the authorities, by going into a government approved quarantine hotel for a 14 day period.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

mannanman wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:40 pm Many government establishments make all staff test for COVID every 10 days, especially ones with contact with the public.
Source?
Me, Phnom Penh. (Tax, customs, Ministry of Interior)
Went to three this week and our contacts all told us. They said they hate it.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:48 pm
Now that's the thing, was it not yourself recently being not able to return to your home in the province where you live. Sorry if I am getting members mixed up a little.
I have found very similar problems trying to move house, being that authorities in some areas will not allow the person wanting to let their property to someone out of the area, or even that of the area, unless they come from a no covid area of that place. There is another way to satisfy the authorities, by going into a government approved quarantine hotel for a 14 day period.
Yes, we are locked out of our house. My wife needed to see a (good) dentist and my kid needed a vaccination so we all came to Phnom Penh about five weeks ago. We're still here because of different series of lockdowns. First the province, now our village.
But once we're back in that village, in our detached house with garden, we'll be relatively safe if we want to.
From your posts I get you're living in a rather crowded area In Phnom Penh, your partner is in a risk group and can not get / want the vaccine and you seem to worry quite a bit about it all. Isolation seems the way to go in that case I think.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:28 pm
AndyKK wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:48 pm
Yes, we are locked out of our house. My wife needed to see a (good) dentist and my kid needed a vaccination so we all came to Phnom Penh about five weeks ago. We're still here because of different series of lockdowns. First the province, now our village.
But once we're back in that village, in our detached house with garden, we'll be relatively safe if we want to.
From your posts I get you're living in a rather crowded area In Phnom Penh, your partner is in a risk group and can not get / want the vaccine and you seem to worry quite a bit about it all. Isolation seems the way to go in that case I think.
That's what I had decided we would do in this situation, and we have done so, and are still doing. I get meals delivered, also essentials too, from one local person. I have only to do my banking at sometime this week and get my partners daily medication, and of course go for my second vaccination. That's a lot of outs for myself this week compared to the months at home.
It's not of a really crowded area or community to be honest, the road outside is a dead-end street so no traffic passing by. 10pm and the resident's are all in bed around here, so that's our chance to get a little exercise outside our apartment along the parking spaces.
Looking at that list of possible infected areas of the city, we rank 8th out of the 10, so it must be a worry for the areas before us when you see possible covid cases around us. But again the people with the infection are people who would have a lot of interaction with others with their work, taxi driver and shop serving staff, but I would consider that the kids playing unmasked daily with each other being like it could be problematic, has it is four of them were taken with the mother this evening to see a doctor. The taxi driver has since returned with the police, were my partner overheard the conversation that he must stay in his room, and the two police men would be sleeping outside.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

When in Phnom Penh I like do to some morning work at Brown cafe on street 214. Two weeks ago they were closed, reason: some infected person had had a coffee there. I was a bit surprised to be honest because the staff there always insist you use the QR code outside and it's always quiet there since covid has taken off.

Anyway, today I saw they had reopened and I decided to go in. Had a chat with the staff and asked about how they'd been over the last two weeks. They told me one of the staff had had some symptoms, comparable to a cold, but she had been admitted to one of the 'covid hospitals' for fourteen days. All other staff had been told to quarantine for 14 days and had either not been infected or had no symptoms. Of course all the staff are young healthy youngsters, late teens or early twenties I guess. Also asked if their salaries would be paid normally or not, and they told me they don't know.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:40 am Also asked if their salaries would be paid normally or not, and they told me they don't know.
This happens everywhere we're all in this together what a load of shit small business in Australia are forced to close while multi million dollar corporations like Bunnings Warehouse, Woolworths and Coles operate as usual.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic