The answer we all want to know.. How good are the Chinese vaccines?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: The answer we all want to know.. How good are the Chinese vaccines?

Post by mannanman »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:22 pm Anyone know the answer! Why has the change been made in Phnom Penh from the first shot, of 14 days to the second shot. Now 21 days between shots?
Latest studies show a longer gap increases efficacy.

Also, even if you get both shots it’s not an immediate protection. You can still catch it and get sick.
People of the world, spice up your life.
lordwei
Tourist
China

Post by lordwei »

As a Chinese, I didn't see any discussion about the efficiency in Chinese platforms or media. But my parents and friends all have been vaccinated and as I know, they didn't have much side effects. I received moderna and had a strong side effects after first shot. Now many people in US who have been fully vaccinated tested positive for Delta. So no vaccine can prevent covid 100%, but each kind of vaccine, no matter where they come from, can prevent severe syndrome.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Long term effects are the worry, and we don't know about effects a few years away. I see Sir Lewis Hamilton is a probable long hauler (one who suffers post-acute Covid syndrome, with dizziness, fatigue, for more than a month), 8 months later. I read about one struggling with speech, and worse.
https://www.wionews.com/sports/formula- ... ess-402293
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

^ Years who a mate had epilepsy and he’d get an episode after flashing/strobe lights, but very rarely.
Now there’s warnings before any show or movie.

A handful of incidents doesn’t make it a pandemic.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

With respect, the last 2 posts ain't nothin' to do with this thread.
Am I right?
Sposed to be about Chinese so-called vaccines.

Derailed to 'effects of long Chinese virus' or something.
Already enough confusion around, innit.. :Search:
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I was making a point about the often quoted incidents that have no bearing on wether a vaccine works or not.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

As a Chinese, I didn't see any discussion about the efficiency in Chinese platforms or media. But my parents and friends all have been vaccinated and as I know, they didn't have much side effects. I received moderna and had a strong side effects after first shot. Now many people in US who have been fully vaccinated tested positive for Delta. So no vaccine can prevent covid 100%, but each kind of vaccine, no matter where they come from, can prevent severe syndrome.
I am pleased to see we have a poster from the PRC.
I would like to express my approval of the help the PRC has given Cambodia during the pandemic.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

nemo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:06 pm
I would like to express my approval of the help the PRC has given Cambodia during the pandemic.
Wish they would help the WHO just as much with their investigation.
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

nemo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:06 pm
Maybe we should thank him for his testimony no?
Not all chinese are for/with PRC
So thank you for your testimony

I haven't seen much reports about the sinovac and sinopharm vaccines (inactivated virus type) from people online

But I've seen a lot about the Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca and J&J

The most commons side effects reported by people are bells palsy, tinnitus, extreme fatigue, brain fog
the most extreme ones are death, bloodclots (amputations in some extreme cases), uncontrollable shaking, stroke and heart attack

I don't have the truth, I'm not a doctor, not a data analyst of any kind
Just what i saw here and there
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

He said he’s Chinese not from China.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic