The answer we all want to know.. How good are the Chinese vaccines?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Klangattack
Tourist
Australia

Re: The answer we all want to know.. How good are the Chinese vaccines?

Post by Klangattack »

They must be good every ones lining up for em ??
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Here an interesting post from Austria:
https://impfservice.wien/corona/ufaqs/i ... w/?lang=en

I received my first shot abroad with the Vero/Sinopharm, Sputnik, Covaxin or another vaccine, which are currently not being administered in Austria, and I need my booster shot now.

The only booster shots available in Austria at the moment are BioNTech/Pfizer, Moderna, and Astra Zeneca vaccines. Please email [email protected] with a detailed description of your case and the exact name of the vaccine you received. We will then figure out if and how you can proceed from a medical point of view.

Seems there is not established policy regarding the matter in Austria, probably in other places as well. I keep searching.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

:beer1:
Gazzy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:44 am Since having Sinovac 3 months ago, my tolerance to alcohol is at an all time low. Anyone perhaps know why?
How has the Mandarin side effect been? I've surprisingly enough got the traditional Mandarin, my pals have all gotten the standard! Talk about shit odds!
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

What the hell are you on about?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Who cares the booster shots for the upper class's are coming soon

Japan to Provide One Million Doses of AstraZeneca Vaccine to Cambodia
AKP Phnom Penh, July 13, 2021 --
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:40 am When in Phnom Penh I like do to some morning work at Brown cafe on street 214. Two weeks ago they were closed, reason: some infected person had had a coffee there. I was a bit surprised to be honest because the staff there always insist you use the QR code outside and it's always quiet there since covid has taken off.

Anyway, today I saw they had reopened and I decided to go in. Had a chat with the staff and asked about how they'd been over the last two weeks. They told me one of the staff had had some symptoms, comparable to a cold, but she had been admitted to one of the 'covid hospitals' for fourteen days. All other staff had been told to quarantine for 14 days and had either not been infected or had no symptoms. Of course all the staff are young healthy youngsters, late teens or early twenties I guess. Also asked if their salaries would be paid normally or not, and they told me they don't know.
They told me one of the staff had had some symptoms, comparable to a cold, but she had been admitted to one of the 'covid hospitals' for fourteen days.

And this is what scares people the most, being taken away to languish, in discomfort and with crap food, for 2 weeks.

Avoid being tested at all costs.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:54 pm ^^
All good points there @AndyKK, I guess we have to hang in tight for the time being until more solid efficacy results come in. I think we have to be as diligent as ever with precautions coz despite no lockdowns in most areas..it's getting close to home.

In just Daun Penh. French guy Bruno from Chez Gaston passed away recently. Doc67's neighbour across the road got covid. Kandal market closed today. And I've seen taped off streets in the area as I mentioned on the general Cambodia covid news thread.
Really?

Last time you said the Frenchman had "succumbed" but he was apparently still alive. Can we assume that "passed away" has it's normal everyday meaning?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:40 am When in Phnom Penh I like do to some morning work at Brown cafe on street 214. Two weeks ago they were closed, reason: some infected person had had a coffee there. I was a bit surprised to be honest because the staff there always insist you use the QR code outside and it's always quiet there since covid has taken off.

Anyway, today I saw they had reopened and I decided to go in. Had a chat with the staff and asked about how they'd been over the last two weeks. They told me one of the staff had had some symptoms, comparable to a cold, but she had been admitted to one of the 'covid hospitals' for fourteen days. All other staff had been told to quarantine for 14 days and had either not been infected or had no symptoms. Of course all the staff are young healthy youngsters, late teens or early twenties I guess. Also asked if their salaries would be paid normally or not, and they told me they don't know.
They told me one of the staff had had some symptoms, comparable to a cold, but she had been admitted to one of the 'covid hospitals' for fourteen days.

And this is what scares people the most, being taken away to languish, in discomfort and with crap food, for 2 weeks.

Avoid being tested at all costs.
The young mother who went to Koh Pich because her apartment is only one room, not being suitable for isolation when you have a family, also her husband is using the place for his own needs since tested possitive for the Covid virus. Anyhow the mother has been sent home with her medication of paracetamol, and the doctors advice to be out in the sun.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:19 am
clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:54 pm ^^
All good points there @AndyKK, I guess we have to hang in tight for the time being until more solid efficacy results come in. I think we have to be as diligent as ever with precautions coz despite no lockdowns in most areas..it's getting close to home.

In just Daun Penh. French guy Bruno from Chez Gaston passed away recently. Doc67's neighbour across the road got covid. Kandal market closed today. And I've seen taped off streets in the area as I mentioned on the general Cambodia covid news thread.
Really?

Last time you said the Frenchman had "succumbed" but he was apparently still alive. Can we assume that "passed away" has it's normal everyday meaning?
My understanding was that you can succumb to an illness but not necessarily die from it.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... sh/succumb
2. VERB
If you succumb to an illness, you become affected by it or die from it.

NB my bolding of 'or' in the above quote.

So I originally used that word in terms of 'affected or came down with Covid 19'. With hindsight that was unfortunate as it seems some members associate the word more with it's alternate meaning of 'dying'. Furthermore, he had posted on FB that all staff were vaccinated and I took that to mean himself as well. So I assumed it was a case of testing positive, he would quarantine for 14 days and recover. Someone on FB later said he wasn't vaccinated and couldn't coz of a medical condition and sadly he did pass away.

If I had my time again, I wouldn't have used that word and probably shouldn't have made the positive assumption that he would be fine and recover. I apologise if I've offended people. There was a no malintent and I did use the word thinking in the context of being 'affected by the illness'.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

The US shots seem to be standing up just fine.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-fully-vacc ... 10774.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic